• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I tell a Potential partner I have Asperger's ?

I also think a good time to disclose is when a relationship is starting to deepen, and the subject comes up. Like they love to go to noisy clubs, and we don't... this may or may not be a deal-breaker, but it needs to be discussed, even as a strong preference with no diagnosis attached.

I haven't read all the responses but as an NT who has dated people on the spectrum, I wanted to encourage you to share this information with your partner, when you are ready. It is really very helpful to the NT partner and can make a huge difference in your relationship, improve communication, help the person understand your needs and you theirs, etc. If the person is scared off or decides to end the relationship as a result, then that is not someone you want to be with anyway.

hello!

i wouldn't tell her. i have an experience of people rejecting me after i've told them about my aspergers.
or well, it's wasn't a rejection by the definition.
i've told a person i thought i could trust about my aspergers, but they didn't take it seriously and treated me as a joke.

so my advice is, get to know her WELL, make sure SHE IS THE ONE YOU CAN TRUST, and that she will accept you and love you as an individual person you are.

don't let your aspergers define you, you are a person with unique personality and aspergers is just a part of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom