• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

'selling out'

My most memorable Steve Miller show was where we had an extremely intense storm that soaked us to the bone prior to the show then got to witness mammatus overhead as Steve got on stage.
The band stopped the opening set as they were just as in awe of it as everyone at the venue.
View attachment 127653

I have seen this cloud phenomenon only one time, about 3 years ago. I took pictures and called it "sky balls" because I had no idea what it was.

I have seen this cloud phenomenon only one time, about 3 years ago. I took pictures and called it "sky balls" because I had no idea what it was.
It was my first and only time to see it.

I come from a family of aviators and
we pay a lot of attention to the weather, so it really held my interest.

I got to see Jimmy Page on stage with The Black Crowes.
It was a very memorable show.

Carlos Santana too, while leaning on the stage front and center in the pit beside the pit boss at Star Lake Amphitheater.
Bon Jovi, front and center at the "The Igloo" aka Civic Arena, former home of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team.
475ae63d5d411b0f2b02c621142772da.jpg

It was my first and only time to see it.

I come from a family of aviators and
we pay a lot of attention to the weather, so it really held my interest.

I live in the land of violent weather - hurricanes, tornados, tropical storms, etc. - so I pay attention to the weather, too!

I'm not so saddened by 'selling out', though it's always a shame when a band decides to stop making the music you love in some way. What gets me about commercial success is that you lose the opportunity to see them in venues where you can have a connection with the music.

Example: Tool. Having seen them in pretty small venues, it's a shame that I will just never see them play live again even though they keep producing music. While I used to be able to spend a few euros to see them and be able to run to the front row from the bar as a song started, now they only play mega arenas with tickets that cost hundreds. I just can't afford it and don't think I'd enjoy it much even if I could - not a fan of needing to watch the big screen to see what is going on.

Totally agree with your point but Tool sounded surprisingly good at Wembley arena and I'm a real fuss pot when it comes to sound! Id say it's worth it if you haven't seen them in a Pepsi Mega bowl lol for the theatrics alone

New Threads

Top Bottom