• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

RC Vehicles

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I have a fascination of various RC vehicles since the first one I saw during my childhood. I had a few. I started to gain interest again during my adult life when I went to a hobby store and learn there are ones a lot better than the basic ones they sell at toy stores.

Last week while browsing on Amazon, it recommend GPTOYS LUCTAN S912.

Capture.JPG

I was not shopping for an RC car during that time but I figure to take a look. I was amazed this car can do up to 33MPH for only costing $110 CDN. I decided to watch YouTube videos on this modal and learned many people was happy with this modal. To get a similar car of this class could cost double or triple the price. I'm expecting the car to arrive tomorrow. When I watched someone on YouTube drive this car on ice and snow, I realized I want to try the same.

Since the battery only last 10 minutes, I ensured I order a second one. I will be having a lot of fun with this car this weekend.

When I have more money saved up, I will be an higher end car that is much faster. But for now, what I order would be a good starter car to start off with.

I also want to explore other type of vehicles such as tanks, boats, planes, helicopters, etc.

Here's my RC car. I got an old electric wheelchair from the junk yard and tricked it out with some custom electronics. Not only can I remote control this. But it also sends live video back. It has a wireless range of over 3000ft and it's lithium-ion battery pack last over 10 hours.

RCwheelchair.jpg

There will be videos soon.

I share some details:
  • I can capture up to 240fps.
  • I can mount a camera on the car.
  • I can go up to 33MPH/50KM/hr

And that all I will share for now....

I absolutely love RC vehicles, but I've never been able to afford any decent ones.
I recommend people getting the one I own since it affordable and get great speeds. I'm impress it still get decent speeds even after the weight of mounting my camera.

For filming for the last two days, I have 30 GB of HD footage. Next is putting the videos together.

Very happy with the RC I purchased :oncomingcar:

I used to race off-road electric cars back in the 1990's. A lot of fun, but alot of money too. A great thing to throw obsession and techiness at.

I had a look recently at getting back into it, but... you can't go back to things you loved 20 years ago. It's not the same.

I'd love to build a classic RC airplane. Not a drone. I know that I will crash and destroy it on the first flight...

If you are curious, go one weekend to an RC car racing meet. They're often outside in the corner of a park. You can just turn up and watch the goings on without any hassle.

If you are curious, go one weekend to an RC car racing meet. They're often outside in the corner of a park. You can just turn up and watch the goings on without any hassle.
Maybe I try one day. It winter right one and don't think many people fly this time of year but I know I would if I had one. Thanks for the idea.

I know an old guy near where I live who owns hundreds of remote controlled aeroplanes. He has everything, from replica fighter planes, jets, commercial planes, various movie replicas, a flying saucer and a huge, half sized version of a 2 propeller, 6 seater plane. A lot of them he had even built himself. The half sized plane he had made out of old foam packaging and plastic piping.

I find GP TOYS, the company I bought my RC from offers great support. I did broke one part after doing lots of high jumps yesterday and they going to mail replacement parts for me. They offer a 3 month warranty which I find is very good. As a bonus, I got them to send me replacement pins to mount the car body.

The issue have nothing relating to the quality of the car. It relates to because I'm added a GoPro camera to it, extra weight is added which was not intended to the design cause the issue.

New Threads

Top Bottom