• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rate my art... These were made in Paint and Medibang

AspiePie

Cross is Gay.png
Doom.png
RainbowPie.png
I don't do that!.jpg
Petensios ****!.png

I think you should keep practicing and seek out some tutorials. I am not a visual artist, so can cannot provide any specific pointers. Your characters do have very expressive faces though, and I can see you put some effort into the shading.

I love these!

I have literally been told my art is worse then cancer. Good to know... You like em...

I think you should keep practicing and seek out some tutorials. I am not a visual artist, so can cannot provide any specific pointers. Your characters do have very expressive faces though, and I can see you put some effort into the shading.

My faces are good.. Thank you.. I actually bought a book on expressions a long time ago!

I agree, your expressive faces are the highlight. Many people draw really realistic and detailed bodies but with expressionless, doll-like faces consistently. Are you interested in learning to draw people? (or can you already)?

I agree, your expressive faces are the highlight. Many people draw really realistic and detailed bodies but with expressionless, doll-like faces consistently. Are you interested in learning to draw people? (or can you already)?

i can draw people but I prefer Ponies? But when I do people I do manga?

Well, there's plenty of guides for drawing manga. Sometimes practicing realism can help you with stylized drawing (like manga art types), so maybe pull up a picture of a person and try drawing what you see? A really good art teacher once told me something like "realism is simple once you recognize the contours/understand the shape, it takes effort to abstract something".

And what is manga/cartooning but abstraction of the human form to whatever basics the artist considers necessary? If you start with realism, it can improve your cartoons/manga in the long run because you'll understand the idea of comics as abstraction. Instead of drawing an idea of what manga looks like, you're drawing a scale from realistic to fully abstracted (stick figure) and thus will have many more options (whether you want a nose or not, or if you want full lips or a line). It'll help outline the difference between normal comic characters and chibis.

If you're interested in realism, try drawing three dimensional shapes at first, with all the shadows/highlights in proper place. Like cubes, but mostly spheres (most organic shape, and most art subjects are organic in design, with many exceptions, of course). I'm not the best visual artist, but this is what my teacher taught me (and what I read in a good book once), and I improved dramatically taking this advice.

I really like your art! I love that "painted" look that some of your pieces have. I also like that it's not done in a neat & tidy way, makes it feel more "organic", if that makes any sense. I agree with the others that facial expressions are your strong suit, although you're not bad with the ponies' bodily proportions either.

My favorite piece of yours is Rainbow Dash telling Pinkie Pie she loves her. Everything in that piece combines all of your strongest skills as an artist, in my humble opinion.

I'm wondering though... Who is that green pony who says he is gay? Is he an OC of yours? I'm curious about him.

I really like your art! I love that "painted" look that some of your pieces have. I also like that it's not done in a neat & tidy way, makes it feel more "organic", if that makes any sense. I agree with the others that facial expressions are your strong suit, although you're not bad with the ponies' bodily proportions either.

My favorite piece of yours is Rainbow Dash telling Pinkie Pie she loves her. Everything in that piece combines all of your strongest skills as an artist, in my humble opinion.

I'm wondering though... Who is that green pony who says he is gay? Is he an OC of yours? I'm curious about him.
His name is Cross and he is basically a very humorous autistic Pony who got his Cutie Mark as part of the Royal Guards defending Canterlot from the Changelings.. He is my most popular OC besides Pondolf Hitler?

New Threads

Top Bottom