• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rain

What do you think of rain?

• It's peaceful/relaxing

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • It's annoying (lol what are you thinking)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Eh,,, I get bored when it rains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's great for productivity and focus!

• Perfect for karaoke ;)

• Total voters
Rain? Depends.
I worked outdoors for over 30 years. When the rain poured, I had to keep working. Wearing glasses in windy rain was fun (NOT).
But that job is history. Listening to the rain fall on the barn's steel roof is a comforting sound esp when mixed with the horses munching their feed. Being inside the building and looking out on the dessicated fields anticipating the coming green grass.......

I like rain... as long as I'm inside. When I was a kid, it helped me feel less guilty about staying inside a lot of the time, since it was raining outside "anyways". When it was sunny, I felt really guilty about staying inside even when I didn't feel like going out, so I felt relieved when it rained.

Rained hard yesterday. But we can always use the water.

Always thinking, "Is this the last heavy rain for the duration?"

Oh well. Rain or shine, my clock radio still has the sound of rainfall for my favorite ambient sound. :cool:

I'm not a fan. I associate rain with not being able to do the outdoor things I wanted to do as a kid, or adults cancelling things because it was raining. Granted, it can feel peaceful, though rain is often accompanied by strong winds/storms and that isn't so peaceful. It reminds me of winter and affects my mood. Plus the need to carry an umbrella when I go out, and the possibility of getting my feet soaked.
I agree that those are the negative things about rain. Not to mention the sound of thunder, which I still don’t like.

I don’t like getting wet now, but when I was a child I enjoyed going out in the rain - even without a raincoat. I also liked splashing in puddles.

Nevertheless, I know we need rain. So I do like it.

I agree that those are the negative things about rain. Not to mention the sound of thunder, which I still don’t like.
I was terrified of sudden, loud noises as a child, and I once panicked and ran home when a thunderstorm started while I was outside with other kids. The other kids then teased me about it. Thunder doesn't trigger me like it used to, but I still feel anxious.

I know of one occation when rain sucks. I have spent a lot of time in things like that thing in the picture. And when you are trying to sleep in that tent and you have the sound of raindrops hitting it, that really sucks. Not much better in the caravan, but the sound is different in the tent, more annoying.

iu

I know of one occation when rain sucks. I have spent a lot of time in things like that thing in the picture. And when you are trying to sleep in that tent and you have the sound of raindrops hitting it, that really sucks. Not much better in the caravan, but the sound is different in the tent, more annoying.

iu
You wacky fellow. The rain pattering on a tent is the loveliest sound in the world!! We must have different kinds of ears.

How do nature’s lullabies keep you awake? It’s the sound of deep slumber.

Okay, fine. We agree to disagree here! :smilingimp:

There's something about those tents specifically, it intensifies the sound or something. I do agree that the sound of rain can be nice, I have just had some bad experiences in those caravan tents. :)

For as long as I could remember, I have loved watching it rain. Especially thunder showers. Something about it is serene. Hearing it fall and soak everything around in water. Something about water soaked pathes and road is nice to see. Something about the ambience of cloudy and wet day, with occasional rumbles, keeps me in deep calm.

Though I tended to be comforted by it too during days of deep depression, when I did live on my own. Those were dark times for me.

I like rain... as long as I'm inside. When I was a kid, it helped me feel less guilty about staying inside a lot of the time, since it was raining outside "anyways". When it was sunny, I felt really guilty about staying inside even when I didn't feel like going out, so I felt relieved when it rained.
Same honestly! "Any excuse to be out of school"! I would always be hyped to get a day off school at all because my parents were overprotective, and now I wish I was in school , : DD

I don’t like getting wet now, but when I was a child I enjoyed going out in the rain - even without a raincoat. I also liked splashing in puddles.

Nevertheless, I know we need rain. So I do like it.
I also loved being in rain as a little tot ^^ I actually enjoy getting wet from time to time, as long as there isn't any "silly buggas" (people doing silly things in rain!) around and people don't get sick :)

I was terrified of sudden, loud noises as a child, and I once panicked and ran home when a thunderstorm started while I was outside with other kids. The other kids then teased me about it. Thunder doesn't trigger me like it used to, but I still feel anxious.
Yo I was literally the same at 8 years old, I actually cried and shouted when there was thunder outside of the classroom... For some reason I felt the world was about to fall out lol
My teacher yelled at me and told me to get over it, Aussie teachers X , D

New Threads

Top Bottom