• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question for British members - Where do you go on Holiday?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
We usually go to UK destinations, last year we went to a place in Sussex with an Outdoor Pool, went there in 2014 as well, spent all day in the Pool most days, good times.

I'm trying to persuade Dad to go down to Woolacombe Bay in Devon this year but it's not cheap.

So how about you lot? Any good Holidays planned?

I've only ever been on a few 'holidays' in my life, and only one one of them was abroad (Crete, Greece).

That said, I'm not really a holiday kind of guy. I usually just stay at home when I take time off work.

Last holiday I tried a cruise, it was only a 4 day cruise called a Western sampler. Been Turkey and Greece on 2 weeks holidays. Been to a caravan site called Welcome Family in Dawlish Warren, Devon a few times and can recommend it. Been to woolacombe as a child virtually every year. Great Yarmouth for a week once. Snowdonia and North Wales a few holidays. Would like to go Yorkshire coast as I have never really been that area.

Last holiday I tried a cruise, it was only a 4 day cruise called a Western sampler. Been Turkey and Greece on 2 weeks holidays. Been to a caravan site called Welcome Family in Dawlish Warren, Devon a few times and can recommend it. Been to woolacombe as a child virtually every year. Great Yarmouth for a week once. Snowdonia and North Wales a few holidays. Would like to go Yorkshire coast as I have never really been that area.

Great Yarmouth is nice, it's just a bit too far South for Dad to drive, although we do travel to South West London every month to visit my Brother.

30 odd years ago we went to North Wales, to Rhyl, nice Holiday Parks down there, and a good Leisure Centre, wonder if it's still open?

In the past I have been to the lake district, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire (and South Yorkshire), Norfolk, Leicestershire, Wales (though have only stayed overnight in North and West Wales), France, Holland and Spain

When I was a child we always went on boat holidays on the Norfolk Broads, my parents have since retired and moved there. I tend to go on holidays in Spain or Greece, the last one was on Gran Canaria, and I also visit my Aunt in Italy (by the Swiss border) each year to go snow skiing.

New Threads

Top Bottom