• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Recipe of your favourite food!

whale_bone

V.I.P Member
GRANOLA
(yes, I'm a hippie. Shut-up, it's delicious.)

Preheat oven to 325F

Mix together in a large bowl:

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup oat bran
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup coconut
1 cup hazelnuts (chopped well in food processor)
1 cup pecans
1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 tsp cinnamon

warm slowly in pot:

1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
dash of vanilla

Pour oil/honey mixture over dry ingredients when blended. Mix well.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease.
Spoon mixture onto sheet, spread evenly and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown.
Stir occasionally.

Remove from oven and add dried fruit (1 - 2 cups) and some lemon zest (1 tsp) if you like. I prefer it without, mostly because I can't be bothered with the aggravation of chopping dates, apricots, etc.

Cool completely.

I like to store it in glass mason jars because it looks as good as it tastes.

Oooh Aspies Central has a chef!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, looking forward to seeing more.

I buy half an italian Piemontese steers backside, freeze it in 400 gram portions and eat every day raw ground beef with white rice and unfiltered oliveoil from the local oilpress. Bit of salt and pepper.

Delicious.

I made Quinoa tonight. Ridiculously high nutrition in a tiny little grain. I put whatever seemed reasonable in it and it turned out pretty yummy. Didn't measure though. [Quinoa-Carrot-Ginger-Tomato-Garlic-Dill...]

Haha David Lynch inspired me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Casserole - the kid friendly version

You will need a decent saucepan that you can safely put in the oven.

Ingredients:
Beef (the cheapest you can find - it works much better with the cheapest cuts)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Flour
Onions - sliced
Garlic - chopped
Carrots - sliced
Potatoes - chopped
Red Capsicum (aka bell pepper or paprika) - sliced
Mushrooms (slice if large)
Beef Stock (stock cubes or powder mixed in with some water is fine)
Red Wine (optional)
Tomatoes (canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, or any combination of these)
Salt
Pepper
Bay Leaves

1. Cut the beef into bite sized pieces. With the cheap cuts you should be using you will need a very sharp knife.
2. Roll the beef in the flour so that it is lightly coated.
3. Fry the beef in a couple of tablespoons of the oil until browned on the outside - which should take a couple of minutes only. You should fry only a couple of handfuls of beef at a time, and set each batch aside when it is browned. Add a little more olive oil when you start to fry each batch.
4. When all the beef has been browned and set aside, add the sliced onions and the garlic to the saucepan. Fry the onions and garlic in some more olive oil until soft and slightly browned - which should take a few minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, capsicum, mushrooms and beef to the saucepan. Add 2 or 3 bay leaves, one teaspoon of salt (2 teaspoons if you used fresh tomatoes), and a little pepper. Mix well.
6. Add enough stock and red wine (if using) to just about cover the ingredients.
7. Put in the oven at 180 celsius for at least 2 hours.

* The meat will be even more tender if you put in the oven the next day at 180 celsius for 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
* Other vegetables can be used. Some of the listed vegetables can be omitted according to taste.
* Other spices can be used according to taste.
* There will be no alcohol from the wine left in the finished casserole.
* Mushrooms and Capsicum can be added towards the end of cooking if you don't want them falling apart from cooking for so long. I prefer to add everything at the beginning.
* Small onions can be used instead of sliced onions - or you can try quartering larger onions instead of slicing them. It depends on whether you want to see/taste identifiable onions in the finished recipe.

Dinty Moore stew, cold straight froj can to bowl And Papa Murphys pan pepperoni. Straight from plastic to 425 in the oven. ...

If you get stumped while trying these recipes, yourself, or they dont turn out "how they should", you may not be an aspie, after all...

Cottage cheese balls in Cambels mushroom soup

1 cup bread crumbs 1 cup cottage cheese 1 cup oatmeal 3 eggs
roll in balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter fry until light brown on both sides put in baking bowl. Mix up cambels mushroom soup add some cellery salt and soysauce mix and pour on cottage cheese balls and bake for a hour or less. Serve with mash potatoes.

A good old time SDA dish we also invented haystacks :D and breakfast cereal. :rolleyes: Kellogs.

Steam: 1&1/2 cups cubed 1/2" square red potato, 1&1/2 cups cauliflower and 1&1/2 cups kale for 10 minutes.
Make a bechamel sauce with 3 Tblsp butter, 3 Tlbsp flour, 1 cup milk, a 1/4 tsp of cayenne, pinch of salt and a Tblsp of white wine if you have it.
When it's thick, add 3/4 cup grated pepperjack cheese.
Shred 1&1/2 cups cooked chicken.
In a big casserole, put a piece of parchment paper. (Keeps the cleanup to a minuimum.)
Layer all the above ingredients except the sauce. Put the sauce on top. Press it with a spoon so it sinks down into the veggies and chicken bits.
Sprinkle it with 1/2 cup croutons if you want, and a little more salt.
Bake for 30 minutes at 325°F.
I have been kind of into cooking for several years, and this is good, but can be adjusted to suit preferences.

1 part carob powder
1 part honey (or no cal syrup)
1 part peanut butter.

Mix until smooth.
Spread on graham crackers.

It looks like chocolate frosting.
I am allergic to chocolate.

This recipe won a blue ribbon at the county fair.
Instead of putting it between graham crackers, I made it into candy/fudge shapes.

A reasonable amount to make?
Use a 1/4 cup of each ingredient.

I think this originally came from Mother Earth News.

I forgot the thread title was "Favorite food"---
I don't exactly have a favorite food.
Food-I-eat-most often = peanut butter.

Last edited:
My sisters carrot cake, even thinking about it makes me feel like digging out the recipe.
In fact that is just what I will do.
I would post the recipe, but she is very precious when it comes to her recipes, she is a chef and I love her dearly, but man is she irritating to go to a restaurant with, always pointing out how this would be so much better if they had just done so and so to it, great chef though, she has won many medals and I am very proud of her.

Duh, I forgot that the recipe is kinda the point.
I will think of a good one and post it later.

Last edited:
1/2 c plain yoghurt, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup kale with stems removed and a large pinch vitamin C powder. Put in blender and whirr together, or blend with a sturdy stick blender (Bamex).
Excellent breakfast smoothie. For a change substitute frozen cranberries for the blueberries.

New Threads

Top Bottom