• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please Let This Be a Place Where People Do Not Believe We Inherently Share Suffering

I have Asperger's Syndrome and I will now present a much more carefully edited version of any of the previous attempts I have made to post.

I don't know what to post. I feel like if I speak and people with "autism" hear me or listen, they don't get it. I feel like Asperger's is very rare and I've never talked with anyone with it face to face, so I'm wary of any notion of community.

Because I believe that if you weren't able to read from birth, do maths at ten years ahead of your own grade level, have a working atlas in your head, have memorized most of history, etc., that you just won't get how my interactions with humanity have gone, and you won't understand that because of my personal dealings with normal society, I have come to a very pessimistic conclusion that human beings are by nature savages, barbarians, and that good and or decency is something that needs to be taught, whether from by a book (religion) or parenting or whatever.

I do not wish to demean anyone, but if there are not that many people who suffer from Asperger's on this forum, I have to present myself as a rational, yet pessimistic person who has no outward flaws except a very bleak outlook on human nature, which is perfectly normal within the realm of philosophical discussion. I'm trying to reach out to other Asperger's sufferers because I have traveled to 95 countries and have had some very unique experiences and have written a book and need advice/help finding interested publishers, but the book is about Asperger's.

N.B. Your site will not let me change a gerund to a proper adjective, the ads are pretty unbearable, and I felt a bit miffed when I was told my name was too long.

Last edited:
I don't see many people on here saying they suffer from Asperger's and this second year of being on this forum. We generally see ourselves in a positive light in that sense, I think.

We are a friendly, understanding bunch and there is extremely rarely ever an argument between us. We do not discuss vaccines here and most of us are anti-Autism Speaks.

Most of us here have Asperger's Syndrome. What the gentleman said is that most of us do not suffer from Asperger's Syndrome. As for myself, I not only do not suffer from AS, I see it as a gift.

May I ask, if you have very few Asperger's people, why is this site called Aspies?

Do we though? I generally think a good percentage are people with Asperger's. But it's just a name. Besides I'm not the creator so I couldn't tell you why it's called what it is. My guess it that it's just a friendly name that most people will recognise with.

welcome.png

We are primarily an Asperger's Syndrome related support site,but all people are welcome here,including neurotypical persons.

The forum members tend to celebrate their individual diversity and compare and ask each other how they cope with their own deficits that we often share.

Personally,I never fell under the USA Aspie guidelines during my assessment,so I fly the autie flag instead.

A VIP membership removes the ads with details available here: V.I.P Upgrades

In that context, it is a gift but it is also a curse, in my interpretation. If you want to be positive about it, that's fine, that's your prerogative. But it has led me to pursue knowledge instead of a career, and the society in which I live has made me feel unbearable amounts of shame for my lack of interest in "jobs." I am skeptical about "autism" and so many people having it, so I'm wary of public discussion, just as I was always wary of admitting it to the people who brutalized me during my youth for my intelligence and my physical disabilities or even those who tolerated me in my young adult stage. I'm trying to come out of that, because I've lived in Syria/Yemen and get to watch that now and I lived in Turkey/Ukraine which were awful experiences for me, but when I say that Asperger's Syndrome has made me suffer, I don't necessarily mean it in that way, but I mean that humanity has made me suffer for my Asperger's Syndrome. I hope that's clearer. I'm trying to understand Asperger's Syndrome as it actually is because I know I have it. What I do not get is this weird massive collection of Internet autism sites, some of which seem to be dubious.

Last edited:
what your mother tongue ? is it Spanish?
get Google to translate if you dont understand whats typed on the forum
i supposedly write in British English its very slightly different from American English
but im starting to not understand all English words
you may hear the word.suffer on tv radio or movies as normal (neuro typical)people obviously find AUTISM distressing

I've posted many times to those new to this site that "being different does not necessarily equate to being deficient".

Suffering? That's not an adjective I'd choose to use regarding neurodiversity itself.

Other comorbid conditions, perhaps- or not. Though I think that depends on the outlook of the individual and not any kind of collective assessment.

Last edited:
My native tongue is English, Spanish is my father's language and my second. But I understand very well what suffering means like the rest of the dictionary I nearly memorized. And I have suffered. I mean that exactly as written.

I have lived thirty-two years on this planet. If I say I have suffered because of Asperger's Syndrome, is this against a law? People don't like people who have super-high intelligence levels. They feel inferior.

In that context, it is a gift but it is also a curse, in my interpretation.

Of course. Make no mistake, we all talk about our problems living in a society which isn't built for us and doesn't like people who are different; we don't talk as if Asperger's is so much the problem as it is other's inability to accept certain things.

I have to admit I've been a little skeptical of others but I choose not to say anything because really it's not my place to dismiss someone who could be actually struggling, who feel isolated. It is more harmful to wrongly strike down a person rather than let someone "get away" with saying they have a condition when they truly don't.

But I'm not too keen on the idea of people saying they have Asperger's as some form of identity - to say they belong to this group as if it's a fan community. As nice as it is to have something which could be used to explain yourself, this isn't what the diagnostic term is meant to be used as.

But if someone wants to identify as having Asperger's then I don't really have too much of a problem with it. At the end of the day it's the doctors who truly have the say, and hopefully it'll be the educated ones.

Well, I've felt isolated and struggled and been depressed the last eighteen months. And I don't really mind what others have to say, but when people questioned my use of the word struggle, please understand that that set off big alarm bells in my head to look askance. Struggle is not always a negative word. There have been times when I have felt that I have been struggling in a positive direction. To learn how they behave, to watch them, to observe them, the others who I wasn't trained to understand. But at a point I got so caught up in my personal quest for knowledge, I went to places that were really bad for my psyche. Two countries that treated me with great kindness in hospitality are in turmoil. I suffer because I know there's nothing I can do to stop these two wars and I know that my just having been there makes me feel alone because all I can do is tell you about Syria and Yemen. And Ukraine and Turkey are the last two countries in which I lived (my obsessive behaviour is travel), and those experiences were frankly very damaging. And when I came back to this country, I was penniless and felt ashamed for having to move in with my family, because I feel shame a lot, it's how they "affected" me. And then I had to watch my country elect a man who has "the best words." For me, it was suffering. And it was serious. I didn't come here to be the life of the party. I'm just not in a really "happy" place and I can't be at present. I just wanted to see what was out there.

I am smarter than Person B. Person B hates me because of this. Person B is in a position of power over me. Person B persecutes me. It's maths, isn't it?

The "tyranny of a majority" remains a classic social and political dynamic relative to human behavior, regardless of neurological differences.

French philosopher Alexis De Toqueville had much to say about it as a social and political phenomenon in his famous work, "Democracy in America" first published in 1835.

I didn't come here to be the life of the party. I'm just not in a really "happy" place and I can't be at present. I just wanted to see what was out there.

You don't need to be. A lot of us suffer with depression from one cause or another. A lot of us have been driven close to the edge, myself included. I count a few which have unfortunately gone silent and I hope that they have found peace in what ever form that may be.

We have areas where we talk about the more serious stuff.

No, just because we say we don't suffer from autism doesn't mean to say we don't suffer by some other means. But we support each other regardless.

Charles Boix y Grzegor…, welcome.

It is diligent of you to carefully edit a version a previous attempts to post here.

Yield.

Caution.

Pay attention.

Danger ahead.

Flash neon, amber data.

Look out!

You have Asperger's Syndrome; you feel that having Asperger’s Syndrome is very rare.

You are wary of any notion of community.

This offers context of your guarded posture.

Previous experience has taught you vigilance and suspicion born of poor reception.

You have attempted communication with people with “autism” in the past and did not feel heard. You perceived that you were not listened to or understood. Your previous experiences led you to conclude that people with autism don’t get the subtle, nuanced exceptionality of your intellect or insights.

You expect the audience here to not understand you.

Similarly, you expect the audience here to be other than people like you, with the rare, real kind of Asperger’s Syndrome.

You don’t know what to post. Without ever having spoken to another person with Asperger’s Syndrome, you expect to find none here.

You believe that if your incredibly abilities (able to read from birth, do maths at ten years ahead of your own grade level, have a working atlas in your head, have memorized most of history, etc.,) that pedestrian aspies just won't comprehend how your interactions with humanity have gone, and your very pessimistic conclusion that human beings are by nature savages…, and that good… needs to be taught…

You list other insights too:

1. You do not wish to demean anyone

2. You present yourself as a pessimist who has no outward flaws.

3. You have a perfectly rational, very bleak outlook on human nature.

4. You are capable of participation in philosophical discussion.

5. Your goal is to reach out to other Asperger's sufferers.

6. You have traveled to 95 countries and experienced unique things.

7. You have written a book.

8. You need help finding publishers for your not about Asperger’s book.

9 ASPIECENTRAL does not grant you editing privileges for gerunds.

10. ASPIECENTRAL’s ads are pretty unbearable

11. You feel a bit miffed when I was told my name was too long.

Quite a bear trap really.

New to this territory of natural savages (not among those with Asperger’s Syndrome exclusive to your unique and precocious presentation of abilities), you proclaim disbelief about the identities claimed by those here. You state your expectation that you have not before been and will not be here received or understood. You want something. You offer nothing.

You hope ASPIECENTRAL is not a place where people believe that we inherently share suffering.

What do you hope members of ASPIECENTRAL believe/understand?

Innately flawed beasts we must be taught good.

How would you respond to your message without losing a few toes in its bear trap?

You cannot say that you understand, as you will not be believed.

You cannot assert you have Asperger’s Syndrome because it’s too rare.

You cannot express hope to an outwardly flawless pessimist.

Maybe a factor in how you are misunderstood is how you present yourself and your ideas to new people.

I hope you find a publisher and people.

I have Asperger's Syndrome and I will now present a much more carefully edited version of any of the previous attempts I have made to post.

I don't know what to post. I feel like if I speak and people with "autism" hear me or listen, they don't get it. I feel like Asperger's is very rare and I've never talked with anyone with it face to face, so I'm wary of any notion of community.

Because I believe that if you weren't able to read from birth, do maths at ten years ahead of your own grade level, have a working atlas in your head, have memorized most of history, etc., that you just won't get how my interactions with humanity have gone, and you won't understand that because of my personal dealings with normal society, I have come to a very pessimistic conclusion that human beings are by nature savages, barbarians, and that good and or decency is something that needs to be taught, whether from by a book (religion) or parenting or whatever.

I do not wish to demean anyone, but if there are not that many people who suffer from Asperger's on this forum, I have to present myself as a rational, yet pessimistic person who has no outward flaws except a very bleak outlook on human nature, which is perfectly normal within the realm of philosophical discussion. I'm trying to reach out to other Asperger's sufferers because I have traveled to 95 countries and have had some very unique experiences and have written a book and need advice/help finding interested publishers, but the book is about Asperger's.

N.B. Your site will not let me change a gerund to a proper adjective, the ads are pretty unbearable, and I felt a bit miffed when I was told my name was too long.
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding - I think all you're saying is that you don't believe most of the people on this site actually have Asperger's Syndrome? That if they haven't suffered as much as you have, in similar ways, that they probably don't truly have Asperger's Syndrome? If that is the case - I think you should bear in mind that there is a range of severity, and I have read LOADS of posts here about how people have suffered at the hands of others due to their Asperger's traits.

My native tongue is English, Spanish is my father's language and my second. But I understand very well what suffering means like the rest of the dictionary I nearly memorized. And I have suffered. I mean that exactly as written.
but you DIDNT communicate that in your first post
even if you HADNT been abused no human is perfect and try to say thankyou to the members of aspies central
your air of superiority is not friendly

New Threads

Top Bottom