• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Plant Lovers? Gardeners?

The apple blossoms, with some of the buckeye leaves unfurling next to them. A photographer I'm not.
image.jpg

I like the feel of it: to me, it feels warm there, and soothing. Nice enclosed space, but room to breathe.
It was 28° this morning, but is about 59° now. :) thanks. A fence will be put around the place so I can maybe eat some of the apples from the tree this fall, instead of the deer getting them. Although come to think of it the squirrels will still rule the back yard. :p

My cilantro is enormous. I'm about to put some in quesadillas.

Definitely time for me to eat.
I just read that you were going to 'put in some quesadillas'----sowing some quesadilla seed.
A very hybrid seed that would be.

Definitely time for me to eat.
I just read that you were going to 'put in some quesadillas'----sowing some quesadilla seed.
A very hybrid seed that would be.
I read it that way as well. A nice warm row of fruiting quesadilla plants in 3 months or so. :)

I read it that way as well. A nice warm row of fruiting quesadilla plants in 3 months or so. :)

That would be so great.
Growing cheese.:)

Except for all the creatures that would be attracted to the plants.:(

grrrr I don't want to think about it realistically.:mad:
It would be great to grow cheese in a vegetable way.:cool:

That sort of thought process, which interestingly enough seems like a vigorous root structure in a way, happnes to me all the time. Detail piling on detail connecting over to another until part of my mind is filled with these lit up signals and connectors all vying for attention. :rolleyes::)
I'm off to sleep now with classical music and plants on my mind.

I'm not too crazy about plants, but I think I would really enjoy having a Venus Flytrap. Can someone please enlighten me as to the care of carnivorous plants?

I'm not too crazy about plants, but I think I would really enjoy having a Venus Flytrap. Can someone please enlighten me as to the care of carnivorous plants?

I had a Venus Fly Trap when I was in high school.
It lived long enough to eat a couple flies, but I didn't know how to take care of the plant
and it died.

This video points out everything I did wrong with mine.

This identifies so many of the plants that I see growing and don't know the names.
https://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/Horticulture_Weeds_2011-01pr.pdf
When I was little & lived downstate, I liked Foxtails. They don't seem to be as common farther north.
For some reason, we called Creeping Mallow "cabbage" as children. We knew it wasn't.
I was disappointed in this link since there was no Vetch. It is pretty when it blooms.
I was happy to see pictures of Wild Buckwheat, though. Why wasn't there any Pink clover, I wonder.

I spent a couple hours bagging the stems with seeds and digging up Houndstongue - an invasive weed - last weekend. Still haven't got all the stickers (the seeds) off my garden gloves. They're extremely difficult to remove and have to be pulled one by one.

I spent a couple hours bagging the stems with seeds and digging up Houndstongue - an invasive weed - last weekend. Still haven't got all the stickers (the seeds) off my garden gloves. They're extremely difficult to remove and have to be pulled one by one.

Eastern Forest Threat Center - Houndstongue This ?
I thought, from the description of the seeds, I had seen it before.
But now that I have looked at several pictures of the flowers, I don't think I have.
Maps show it in Michigan, but downstate.

New Threads

Top Bottom