• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Panic

thejuice

Even when a woman looks over my way repeatedly and smiles I don't have the confidence to go and talk to them. I've practiced smiling back and I can do that now but I still go into a mild panic and bottle it!! I'm afraid of making a fool of myself.

The woman I realised was pregnant when she got up and left which kinda made me feel better because she was probably taken. Bit confusing though maybe she was just being nice.

Well, I was basically violated by government lunatics because of politics and associations beyond my control. So, at that point, you don't have a lot of vanity left, having been humiliated beyond anything you could have ever imagined, and that opened me up to try to perform live music for people.

If you can't share in the privilege of being raped by the government, then you could proceed directly to public performance, whether it's reading books, or poetry, or singing, or playing an instrument. Once you are used to that, talking to an individual person is no big deal in terms of shyness. It won't automatically make you successful, but it will address the shyness barrier.

I used to play drums before I got fed up with it. I could hide behind the cymbals and every one was paying attention to the singer anyway 🤣🤣🤣

I once played saxophone in front of people as a kid, still remember my sweaty palms. I gave it up due to my hearing sensitivities. I always had to be forced to practice by parents and didn't like my teacher being weird about me not practicing enough. My favourite part of music practice was the smell of the saxophone weirdly, oddly satisfying. Sometimes I'd open the case just to smell 😄

Last edited:
I remember us all reading a passage of our favourite books in front of the school. That was quite fun. There was one autistic kid who kept on reading and reading until someone intervened when they realised he was going to read the whole book 😂

Bunch of weirdos those folks are. lol.
I remember us all reading a passage of our favourite books in front of the school. That was quite fun. There was one autistic kid who kept on reading and reading until someone intervened when they realised he was going to read the whole book 😂

That takes me back to open mic nights! I like Staind a lot, especially Dysfunction album because I'm a metalhead at heart. Their ex drummer Jon Wysocki is one of the best in grunge music imo, always picks the right groove that I like. Very nice I think you capture the intensity of the band! Don't think I've heard that one though. I like the lyrics, especially as I've had an ex friend completely try to change me.

Last edited:
I had the girl at the coffee shop I am good friends do the same thing too. I was in a bad space. When I was with my friend and sat down I saw her across the room on her laptop. When I looked at her she looked at me. Right away I looked away. Then I glanced again and she did it again. She repeated this a few times. I was really nervous when my friend got me my drink and left me alone. But looking at her briefly, she looked like a nice caring person.

After we were leaving right when the coffee shop was about to close and just about everyone else left I thought it was kind of strange that she was still there. When she approached us thinking about finding a church I was amazed. What really amazed me was when I actually talked to her, said my name and told her about my church. She shook my hand when she said goodbye.

Later my friend told me that she said she was coming to my church. Now I am good friends with her and message her all the time she thanks me for finding this church and community. When I see her in person she gives me hugs and makes me feel loved and accepted.

New Threads

Top Bottom