• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online Games

I've only played GTA Vice City Stories for the PSP. Meh xD.
I actually quite liked that game but didn't complete it. I rarely ever do tbh. I think I liked it because you could just pick it up and put it down.
EMZ=]

You need to try the console versions! The PSP version wasn't great IMO.

The console versions kind of defeat the point imho; auto-aim.. woohoo... lol. PC ftw. :) It annoys me how everytime they release one they say its going to be exclusive to console... 6 months later, woo PC. :D

My brother might be buying the Xbox 360 version for GTA: IV. If he does he'll let me borrow it.
In all honesty though, I don't really game that much so it's like there'd be no point in me buying it because I'd be bored with in a couple of hours.
EMZ=]

The console versions kind of defeat the point imho; auto-aim.. woohoo... lol. PC ftw. :) It annoys me how everytime they release one they say its going to be exclusive to console... 6 months later, woo PC. :D

Auto Aim? That's for noobs. I don't use it. PC may be better but is full of hackers and cheats. I've actually bought GTA IV and San Andreas for PC this week. I've never had a decent PC capable of playing games until now.

Lol narr.

Arguably consoles are the fairer benchmark of skill, seeing as everybody has the same spec system, controller etc (no gaming mice equivilent), but PC is more comfortable to game with in my opinion and it's easier to keep in touch with others as a community - forums etc. Sure there's the hackers etc, but they're quickly moderated out. :) Even for single player I'd choose PC anyday.

Hmm fair point. I use PC a lot but cannot use a keyboard and mouse to play a game. Just doesn't feel natural to me. I had to buy the 360 controller for Windows to play PC games.

BTW you don't use Auto Aim? Right? Or did I misunderstand :lol:

No, I don't use auto-aim. I guess it's just personal preference as to what platform and controls you use, really. :)

While I do like video games, online games (in particular MMO's) have never interested me in the least. In fact, PC games in general tend not to interest me. As for the games I do play, basically since grade 9 I have stuck to a principle not to play any whatsoever during the school year simply due to how much time they take up. Yeah, they are addictive, hence my self-imposed restriction. That, and they're much easier to enjoy when you don't have deadlines hanging over your shoulder. =P

I played the trial of WoW once. I played as a mage called Veneficus (something like 'Poison Wizard' in Latin...yeah, I used one of those Latin dictionaries XD). It wasn't my cup of cha. While I was grinding, I felt as though I could spend my time doing better things (i.e. playing other games, talking to friends).

Being a game design student, I generally appreciate the idea of MMOs. There just isn't one I'm willing to spend time and money with at the moment.

used to be sim city 3000 unlimited until my disk got a scratch not able to fix and files corrupted so not able to install again

would buy another if had the 60 to spend

now i play mafia wars

I did have a BIIIIG obsession with Tribal Wars...but now I'm getting into Runescape. Though I went off it for a while because it just felt pointless lol. But yeah, uhm, Runescape :p

I started playing runescape when it came out - 2002. :eek: Lol. How long have you been playing? I've played a few private servers for the first version (classic) recently. Good times. :p Not much of a fan of rs2, or the current rs.

Hmm let's see :)

Games I have been addicted to:

World of Warcraft
Mu Online
Rohan: Blood Feud
GTA: San Andreas
Championship Manager 2008 and 2010
LMA Manager 2002, 2003, and 2007
Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2

Those are the ones I remember I have been addicted to, there may be a couple more though. I got addicted to Mu when I was 16/17 and I failed 2 separate college courses because of it. :blink:

My computer now has an issue with playing games. There is a hardware issue with it which I have no money to get fixed. But let's just say I get a blue screen if I attempt to play any games :) Combine that with the fact that I have mobile broadband, and my girlfriend is now living with me, I have almost no time to play any games at all. Which is probably a good thing. I can imagine myself getting addicted to Rohan again if I had the chance.

Years ago I played through Half-Life (yes, the first one) 15 times or more. Then I got swept up in the awesomeness and replayability of Deus Ex (shame about the sequal) - only played that right through three times, but I've got half way at least eight - quite a feat considering the way I'd play it it'd take >40 hours to play right through.

When I play FPSs/RPGs, I always try to complete every single side mission, reach every ammo point etc. so that I can get the most "fun" out of the game. A kind of OCD, I guess.

I gues this is kind of irrelavent, but you saying that you try to complete all the side missions and stuff made me think of it...I used to play Sonic the Hedgehog on my Mum's old Sega, and I couldn't deal with continuing if I hadn't got all the coins that I saw on my way through. And then when Mum played and she missed out coins it would really annoy me. lol

I used to be addicted to Runescape when I was younger and now I was thinking, how on earth did I end up being so addicted to it... The graphics were really rubbish back then and I never had a laptop or a pc that had enough power to handle all of those graphics.

I play ijji Gunz once and a while out of boredom, its pretty good I say. :thumbsup:

I checked out runescape recently... it's really come a long way from when I first started playing it back in 2002, jesus lol.

Oh yeah, game addictions come and go, but for me there has only been one real game obsession, Neverwinter Nights. (nice to see another person on this forum who's been into it :))

I've been so obsessed with it that I learned all the stats (magical properties) on pretty much all weapons, armors and other magical items on the specific server I played on. All those were custom made and are quite a few. I was also very much into the whole game engine and game ruleset. Found it very interesting to discuss character building (which has pretty much endless possibilities in that game.) So yeah, one game obsession over 8 years on mainly one server which is now quite dead. (still up and running but no players)

Other games I've played over and over again has been GTA 1, 3, Vice city, San Andreas and ofcourse the cursed counterstrike 1.1-1.6 >.< Still play alot of CS cause I have alot of friends on the server I play on, so It's kinda my only social activity with other humans that I do.

When it comes to the GTA series I find San Andreas the ultimately best one, as the whole car modification thing (messing around with handling and car models) is so nice to play around with. For anyone who wants to give it a try then check out the Project Cerbera for a complete guide to how it works.

In my earlier days I spent waaay too much time playing games such as Zelda, A link to the past (on SNES), Age of Empires 2 and ofcourse the Warcraft 2 & 3. AoE2 was probably a minor obsession as well, as I memorized the manual (a minor pocketbook more or less) and knew the game inside out.

GTA ftw. ./agree on SA being the best too. It has the largest and most varied map along with the biggest variety of vehicles, imo. :) Love just messing around with the hydra tbh.

New Threads

Top Bottom