• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online Games

C

Chris

Has anybody ever had an addiction to online games? I'm talking MMORPG's mainly, but others can count. Games like Runescape or World of Warcraft can already be hugely addictive, prior to the weight of having an aspie-related obsession to it?

Although my opinion is fairly irrelevant on the matter (not an aspie, etc), I fell hard for both the games and played them extensively - I'd go to bed well past midnight and get up at ridiculous times in the morning (Sometimes 2:30am) to play until school - this kind of thing started when i was still only in primary school.

Wait, that's a lie. I used to be addicted to Reader Rabbit games and this other one I had...it was a maths game and you were on a mountain and you had to collect snowballs...or something. And prizes. It was super awesome and I can't remember what it was called. Does anyone know?

Treasure Mathstorm. Just remembered. Wooooo! Chris, get it for me :p

Triple post pfft. :p

Back ontopic: Oh, I got addicted to all the kiddy educational games when I was younger too lol. :D

And those educational kids programs.. Come outside.. etc. lol. :D

Come Outside!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Yeah I loved that.

I am addicted to World of warcraft

i am playing a lvl 80 tauren Druid at the server dragonblight

World of warcraft is perfekt to zone in to and zone out of the real world. There are always stuff to do and people to hang around with there.

Yeah, that's how I found it. Played it to the extent of it being.. harmful, though. I can't play those things moderately. It is the perfect escape though.

I might start playing it again on a new account. TBH, I know this sounds stupid, but I found the guys who told you what to do in the quests really boring so I had like ten quests and didn't know what to do. When I read them in the quest book I noticed I was too far away to do them, and found them generally tedious.
IDK, I found it really boring in general and got pretty bored at level 9...
If I do start playing it again I'm definitely going to get someone to actually help me, like one of my friends online, and not be so impatient.
All the other RPGs I played I got bored during the tutorial :/. Seriously. LOL.
I have a really bad attention span for games.
EMZ=P

Lol. I love the idea of making progress which is saved so you can return to it whenever you like... and the fact that with MMORPG's, the more time you put in, the better your account... if you have unlimited time (which i didnt, but found).. then you'll be awesome.

:( lol.

I might start playing it again on a new account. TBH, I know this sounds stupid, but I found the guys who told you what to do in the quests really boring so I had like ten quests and didn't know what to do. When I read them in the quest book I noticed I was too far away to do them, and found them generally tedious.
IDK, I found it really boring in general and got pretty bored at level 9...
If I do start playing it again I'm definitely going to get someone to actually help me, like one of my friends online, and not be so impatient.
All the other RPGs I played I got bored during the tutorial :/. Seriously. LOL.
I have a really bad attention span for games.
EMZ=P

World of warcraft now has a built in quest helper that shows on a map where you have ur quest and what to do. its more easy. I have the same problems as you when I play wow.

i am happy to help you out if you decide to play tho .

Awesome ^_^.
I might when I get money into my bank account. Which will be next month.
I'm not sure though.
The only times I ever try to play WoW are when I actually want social isolation, and right now I think I'm okay xD.
EMZ=P

They do a 10-day free trial y'know, don't have to blow £9 quid just to try it. :p

Hmm.. I suppose. I did do that before, but then I bought all the box-sets.
And I thought it was 14 for some reason.
I have used the 9-day(or 14 or w.e) trial before, and then extended it with the current account I have :p.
I might download it, I actually forgot about the trial tbh.
EMZ=]

Lol. I've downloaded the trial a few times with the intentions of playing seriously, but getting the first 10 days or so free... the past two times, I've downloaded, installed, made the account etc... logged in then logged out by the time I'd accepted the first quest. XD Lazy. WoW is a lot of work, really. I had over 5000 hours ./played on my old account. Too long.

Call of Duty 4 online. Wasted a lot of time on that.

For offline games:

Grand Theft Auto series. Especially San Andreas on PS2. I even wore the free bandanna while playing lol. In fact, I recently purchased San Andreas and IV for the PC now that I have a decent set up, just to see how they play. Oooh and Metal Gear Solid 4. Me and my brother used to get a load of Red Bull and Lucozade and have all-night gaming sessions. Those were the days.

Oh the GTA series were badass! Spent a lot of time on them. I remember playing through GTA:I/GTA:London/GTA:2... when GTA:III came out, that was just revolutionary lol. Incredible advance in gaming. :D

I've only played GTA Vice City Stories for the PSP. Meh xD.
I actually quite liked that game but didn't complete it. I rarely ever do tbh. I think I liked it because you could just pick it up and put it down.
EMZ=]

New Threads

Top Bottom