• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online Games

Has anybody ever had an addiction to online games? I'm talking MMORPG's mainly, but others can count. Games like Runescape or World of Warcraft can already be hugely addictive, prior to the weight of having an aspie-related obsession to it?

Although my opinion is fairly irrelevant on the matter (not an aspie, etc), I fell hard for both the games and played them extensively - I'd go to bed well past midnight and get up at ridiculous times in the morning (Sometimes 2:30am) to play until school - this kind of thing started when i was still only in primary school.

Of course, surprised I didn't see more threads like this. I used to play online pc sports games until I knew nothing else existed. But it was like a drug, I stopped and suddenly I no longer came back to it. I could still easily get back into any pc sport sgames because I still have them all (like 200 in my collection) I just choose not to right now for some reason.

-sean-

I've been addicted to counter-strike. I actually got to the point where I constantly got accused of cheating when it was just pure skill. It was a massive craze at school, made a lot of friends through it. To be honest if get obsessed with games and other people play it at school or in other social groups its a good way to make friends. Usually if I get obsessed I get really good.

Just recently got GTA IV and Mirrors Edge on PC, awesome games! I might buy COD when I get some cash.

I am not usually a general fan of car racing games but I loved Mario Kart for the SNES and my other favourite is Outrun, I think as it's the first arcade game I played on an arcade machine. I did have a variety of games consoles at home. I am playing outrun 2006 on the PS2, the woman character has real anger issues as when she's unhappy with
the male character she will
sometimes throttle him a bit or sometimes repeatedly strike him!
You can't make it out clearly in these photos, sorry but if you ever played the game you would see

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_060125_edit.jpg
    IMG_20210316_060125_edit.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Two photos from outrun 2006 on Ps2

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_005654_edit.jpg
    IMG_20210316_005654_edit.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20210316_004446_edit.jpg
    IMG_20210316_004446_edit.jpg