• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

On a scale of 1-10, what's your typical productivity level?

. . .

V.I.P Member
On a scale of 1-10, what's your typical productivity level?

I'm one of the least productive humans I've met. My productivity level, if measured on a scale of 1 to 10, would probably alter between 1 and 2. The main time I do things other than surf the net, read literature, watch films and partake in the rest of my hobbies is when things absolutely have to be done. I'll only wash clothes when I'm wearing my last pair of clean underwear. I'll only do the dishes if I've run out of clean glasses. I'll only clean the floors if they're noticeably dirty. Etc.

As a way of showing you that I'm not a total slob, I'll let you know that if I had a pet I'd obviously clean up the messes it would make. I definitely have limits and don't suffer from a lack of common sense.

I'm not lazy, really, I just feel that most things are unnecessary. I also seem to be immune to feeling guilty about being unproductive. I've never understood why humans feel guilty about being idle, thinking that it's such a horrible thing. The only thing that makes me feel ****** about being idle is that it doesn't make me feel normal. I sometimes wish I was more normal so that I could fit in and live a better life.

I'd also probably rate between a 1 and 2... I don't see the point of wasting energy/electricity to do extra laundry/dishes/etc... When I run out of clean dishes, or the dishwasher is full, then its time to clean them. Anything short of that simply seems wasteful in several ways to me.

Pretty much spend my time surfing the net, video games, watching movies or TV (usually in the form of marathons.. watching entire seasons over the period of 2 or 3 days) ...

I don't usually feel lazy, if something needs to get done, I can usually make sure it does (not without as much procrastination as possible of course! :) ) ...

--ElmoTheDestroyer

I tend to keep to a schedule of things to do,for instance,Sunday for doing laundry,and if the floors are dirty,scrubbing the floors. I also am not overly 'nitpicky' as during the week,the floors do not get done,nor does the laundry,or anything else outside of the dishes, that's what my Sundays are for.

When it comes to school I would be a 10+. I'm very obsessive about my school work and plan everything down to the minute. In everyday tasks I'm probably a 7 or 8. I like to make schedules of things to get done the day before. When I finish everything that I need to get done, then I drop to a 1 or a 2 and just browse the internet all day :p

-5!

No, but in all seriousness, my productivity level would be around 1-3. 5 On good days.
My Ma sees me as just this big ball of laziness. I don't like to go anywhere if I can help it. I don't like going to somebody else's house to socialize. I don't clean my room until I'm tripping over things on my floor. I do the dishes sometimes without being asked though... you know, when the kitchen sink is basically vomiting them.

However, I want to point out that my low productivity levels aren't enough to reduce me to a pig. I have two smalls dogs and I alone clean their sheets, wash them, pick up their accidents (which I'm beginning to question are actually accidental), and walk them.

The 5 on good days are when I'm home by myself and feel obligated to clean the whole house 'til it sparkles. :D

Ok, I am going to fess up. At home, my productivity level is about 1-3. I'm pretty lazy about housework; there's just so many other things I'd rather do. I like working out in my yard though. At work I am probably about a 9 or 10 but that is because there are negative consequences. At home it is like who cares. I keep making resolutions to be better but I never keep them.

I used to be really productive, like 9-10. However, now I have dropped to about 5 or maybe less. I spend a lot of time goofing off to make myself feel better. Also, I've been floundering with my work lately because it appears to mostly consist of 1) doing things I don't know how to do and 2) making decisions. Since neither of these activities are enjoyable or satisfying, I don't want to work.

Last edited:
I'd be about a 10 on a scale of 1-10. I'm obsessed with chores, work and keeping busy. When I'm sick, I'd be about a 1 on the scale. I think that would be the same for everybody.

New Threads

Top Bottom