• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Obsessions

Yes, I seem to have an obsession with the crows, whom I seek out and provide food for on a daily basis. I really enjoy seeing them, and hearing their various calls(their language) such as it is. I have heard, but not confirmed,
that crows may have some 250 different calls. What would the crows need to qualify for having a language?

A "language" as defined by clever people is a step beyond vocal communication. For communication there has to be a message which is essentially information from a sender to a receiver, which is mutually understood to be the same message by both parties. For communication to become language there has to be the ability for the sender to manipulate (change) the message and be understood be the receiver. It is the ability to create a message sentence rather than just a message. Here is a simple explanation in psychological terms.

For years it's been video editing and I've got around 500 on different youtube channels. I can spend all day happily plugging away and lose track of time. I can see now that the creativity, focus and attention to detail needed appeals to the aspie side of me.

When I was a young teen I had a brief obsession with the Titanic, before my Disney obsessions pushed it aside. Recently it's been rekindled somewhat; I've followed a few Pinterest boards about it, visited a CGI representation of the wreckage on Google Earth, and bought a magazine about it.
It's fascinating but also kind of frustrating knowing how very avoidable it was... no one had to die. :/

Animals, optical illusions, my sophomore year in high school I went absolutely crazy with DMB, and finally any tv show/movie I really like

New Threads

Top Bottom