• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

nut poll

what is your favorite nut?

• macadamia

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • pistachio

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • cashew

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • peanut

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • paranut

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • almond

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • walnut

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • pecan

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • hazelnut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don´t like nuts or have an allergy

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Pecans are native to the southern US and Mexico so they grow everywhere here. We have numerous trees in our yard. They are alternate-year bearers so they produce a decent crop only every other year. Due to drought this year, pecans are in limited supply and cost more than usual.

I've read that Brazil nuts contain a lot of radiation compared with other kinds of nuts. The tree uptakes the radionuclides from the soil which is then deposited in the nuts. Bananas also contain a lot of radiation for the same reason. I don't worry about it, though, and eat plenty of Brazil nuts and bananas.

Almonds, peanuts and cashews. I have a really bad trail mix addiction, and somehow it's gotten to the point where it has overridden my raisin phobia and I even eat those.

hope this one not exists so far. found nothing on the search bar and metalheads threads.

I like pistachio the most. but they taste always very different, some even taste moldy. so it´s like a random generator lol. but that´s so interesting on them, they all taste different sometimes, even when all in one package. I also like cashew and macadamia very much. and sometimes pecan. sadly, they are also the most expensive nuts.

only 10 answers are possible, sadly no things like "burnt almonds" or "spicy flavor" or "with wasabi."

what´s the one you like the least?

hazelnuts and peanuts are the most cheap here. I don´t like hazelnuts, because they are so bitter.
Because we got nuts at christmas i have a fondness for filberts(cobnuts),sometimes peanuts,hazelnuts,brazil nuts once in a while almonds would like to try pine nuts but all businesses package them in plastic that can't go in the recycling bin :dizzy:

New Threads

Top Bottom