• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not much to see here.

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
Just a morning ride on the bike. As you can see in the pictures, most of Adelaide's pretty flat, but not the bit I'm standing on. It doesn't seem like that big a hill when you're in a car.

NotMuch 01.jpg

And looking out the other side towards the sea.

NotMuch 02.jpg

I didn't see very much that inspired me to take pictures, it's just another dreary winter's day. I came across two flocks of parrots having breakfast together though, Galahs and Sulphur Crested Cockatoos.

NotMuch 03.jpg

NotMuch 04.jpg

NotMuch 05.jpg

Wild Cockatoo's? Wow, how special!!!

I think all I know about Adelaide is my father told me you're allowed a magic ounce. Useless information for me...

We have Keas down on Arthur's Pass

They're Alpine parrots. Very cheeky and entertaining but only in the South Island in alpine areas.

And then there's the Kakapo. I've never seen Kakapo. They are an owl parrot. They're nocturnal and they can't fly. Beautiful though.

I've read a lot about the Kakapo, they've been that close to extinction so many times, but it looks like they're having better success with breeding programs now.

I've read a lot about the Kakapo, they've been that close to extinction so many times, but it looks like they're having better success with breeding programs now.
Yeah, we're really into conservation and looking after the natives here :) I'm proud of my country on that regard. We were the first to get rid of plastic bags too :smile:

We're slowly catching up with you, there's been a huge push lately for rewilding a lot of areas, returning them to their natural state. Well, as much as is practical anyway. I posted another thread recently about ducks, they were so rare when I was a kid but now them and many other waterbirds are making a big comeback.

Just a morning ride on the bike. As you can see in the pictures, most of Adelaide's pretty flat, but not the bit I'm standing on. It doesn't seem like that big a hill when you're in a car.

View attachment 113725
Car drivers are notoriously oblivious to hills. One too-hot day, I got off my touring bike and hitchiked across the California central valley. Nearing the coast, I was told that there was a campground just on the other side of a lake, and the road was flat. I struggled in my lowest gear, and mostly coasted, arriving on the verge of heat stroke.

We have Keas down on Arthur's Pass

They're Alpine parrots. Very cheeky and entertaining but only in the South Island in alpine areas.

And then there's the Kakapo. I've never seen Kakapo. They are an owl parrot. They're nocturnal and they can't fly. Beautiful though.

I like those kiwis you guys have walking around there. :) Special birds.

New Threads

Top Bottom