• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nice to Meet you :) Merry Christmas

I wrote a LONG message pouring out my heart and soul to you guys and it’s lost . :( I was really excited to chat about my current special interest: Autism (lol) to ppl who actually GET IT and understand. Maybe I wasn’t meant to share my dark and twisty past with you all right now.

HI ! I’m from Canada. I love animals (way more than people… I wish I could love a human like I love animals ) i have a FatCat named Tigris. She is a rescue. Like me, her family abandoned her. She is my best friend and keeps me alive. I also *sort of * have a Siberian Husky. When I’m not in burnout mode or depressed, I love to walk dogs and take care of animals. I was paid to raise the Husky in my profile picture & still see him all the time. His owner actually put in his will that Blue (husky) will go to me should he die.

I love to listen to music, be in water , travel in my dreams, play piano (I’m not that good I play by ear and write my own stuff) & write poetry. I love to be alone but would like to learn how to have friends and relationships without relying on alcohol. I’d also like to care about friendships and relationships more. I just dont. I could do life alone and be ok with it. (As long as I have animals) I’m learning about myself now that I know I’ve been a phony anytime I leave the comfort of my own place.. sigh*

Most neurotypical people would call me an Empath. I’m not 100% sure I agree - but I do see overlaps on autism with HSP or Empaths. Do you relate to being an empath or HSP? What are your special interests? Where are you from?

I’ve been diagnosed by my Doctor and have self diagnosed with COPIOUS Amounts of tests and research (I spend about 4-6 hours a day focusing on autism lol the irony ) but haven’t gotten an “official” assessment yet since it’s super pricey. Finding out I’m autistic has really given me hope. I don’t feel as much like a failure as I did before.

Here’s some of my poetry . Hope you like it :) & Merry Christmas

PS- I hate all of the pop up ads , they’re driving me nuts ! How can I stop them? They make the X so small that I click the ad . AGGGHHHHH

(Nice to meet you)
i thought you and your Husky friend might enjoy this :)

New Threads

Top Bottom