• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newbie Aspie

Panthro

Hello all,

I am a 33 yr old male who recently self diagnosed myself for being on the spectrum. Just checking in here to read around threads and learn more about myself. It feels good to finally find somewhere that I actually feel like I belong. I have alot of concerns and fears about my future because of my struggle with pragmatics and my difficulties with being social. I find myself unable to respond correctly in social situations due to my low social iq. I have a dream of teaching english overseas but am uncertain of my ability to manage a classroom of personalities. I am also unsure of how my laconic nature will transfer to that environment. Anyways I look forward to talking to you all.

Welcome.

I've only been here a few weeks and also self diagnosed.

I find I can train people ok. I've only done small groups, but it's structured and monologues about a topic are considered normal, and I can get complex concepts across very clearly.

I always get good feedback.

Give it a try, I think you may do fine.

Helping people who want to learn is great, and they might not need controlling much.

welcome panthro,youve found the right site.
one of my old support staff was in her twenties and aspie and she went to teach english in korea before she started work in care,if you really want to do it push yourself out of your comfort zone,i do that myself by going to a mencap social club every two weeks.

Hello_manyLanguages.jpg

Hey @Pantro and welcome to AC :)

Are you by any chance a Thundercats fan? It was one of my favourite cartoons as a child. I still have all the thundercats figures. My favourite was character was Tygra followed by Bengali.

Tree: Hello! ;)

Full Steam: Thanks for the response! I am like you in that I prefer a small group/structured environment, but having 20+ kids is a little worrisome if that happens. I will definitely give it a try though in Fall 2017, hope I do well.

toothless: It is funny that you mention Korea because that is one of the places that I am considering if I go to Asia. I was thinking of there or somewherebin Europe. I heard that in Korea that there is a co-teacher in the class with you and that you can focus on teaching while the co-teacher helps to keep the kids focused, if that is true then I think that will help me alot. I am glad to hear that you are pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, I am trying to do the same by joining a few social clubs as well.

Hey @Pantro and welcome to AC :)

Are you by any chance a Thundercats fan? It was one of my favourite cartoons as a child. I still have all the thundercats figures. My favourite was character was Tygra followed by Bengali.

Vinca: LOL, of course, I loved that show when I was a kid. I had all of the toys as well and of course Panthro was my favorite. :D

Hello all,

I am a 33 yr old male who recently self diagnosed myself for being on the spectrum. Just checking in here to read around threads and learn more about myself. It feels good to finally find somewhere that I actually feel like I belong. I have alot of concerns and fears about my future because of my struggle with pragmatics and my difficulties with being social. I find myself unable to respond correctly in social situations due to my low social iq. I have a dream of teaching english overseas but am uncertain of my ability to manage a classroom of personalities. I am also unsure of how my laconic nature will transfer to that environment. Anyways I look forward to talking to you all.

Welcome, Panthro! I hope you find a lot of good stuff here. I remember the Thundercats, too . I lived with some kids who LOVE that show and I recall the opening very well. Very catchy!

New Threads

Top Bottom