• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this site

JasonG

So what's up? I'm new here, I was officially diagnosed in 1995 so I was relatively early.

I've got a keen interest in the listening of music (preferably loud) and I'll admit my honesty has channeled into a crude sense of humor sometimes, I think of it as both a mask and a method acting way of understanding the world a bit better I think. It's crazy, unfair, and twisted, but I have no choice but to accept it and live with it.

All my life, I've never had a community of people like me to talk to. For the longest time I didn't even know what an "aspie" or neurotypical was until about a year ago.

I'm here trying to understand myself better, and to maybe give my input, I'm thinking of maybe blogging my thoughts on here. So forgive me if I get lengthy

Because of my early diagnosis and exceptional treatment at the time, I am high functioning to the point where some people have said they didn't believe I was under the autism spectrum. However I can assure you that until I was 6 I was non verbal.

Sometimes I wonder if I got this far because I am more obsessed with reality than fiction. That includes social realities; so purely out of sheer force of understanding certain patterns of behavior from so called "normal" people I've lived a relatively successful social life. I feel myself slipping though, like I haven't had anything truly therapeutic in awhile for my condition, and I'm falling behind, either because I'm fighting to hard or because I'm in a new place where nobody knows my name and I'm broke.

That's why I'm here, to vent and remember that I'm not alone in this world with my condition. If you have a hard time understanding this than I apologize, my writing style has been adopted to fit a neurotypical conversation online.

So, please feel free to say hi and give commentary. I don't feel like playing twenty questions though so keep it brief.

Hello Jason, I'm sure there is a whole load of folks here for you to talk too. I hope it goes well.

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom