• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to all this and more than a bit confused!

Katina12

Hello everyone! I'm new to all this, but here goes nothing. I am not on the spectrum myself, but my boyfriend of six months is, and as a "neurotypical" (I guess that's the word?) I struggle very much to understand him. I will probably make a separate thread about our relationship, but for now I just want to introduce myself.

I'm always open to chat, and am very welcoming of advice from others on the subject of relationships!

Well the best tip I can think as I'm an aspic, and my gf isn't, and our relationship is brill.
Mainly because she don't pressure me to explain the things in my head.

They're too hard to explain and don't make sense. So it's only going to do more harm than good. So if he's just in a daze, let him be and don't get him to tell you what he's thinking. I HATED it so much when people ask.

If he isn't highly sex driven, pressure won't help.
He may seem sad when he's not, and may not have a wide set of interests. Not bothered about his hair, or cleaning up properly etc.

All that pressure builds up. Try to be a chilled out and understanding type, help out a bit with things that frustrate him, accept his little quirks and you should be fine. Good luck.

I just gave some of my experience, wasn't trying to preach. J

upload_2017-8-22_19-50-44.png

I'm Aspie and my husband of 17 years is NT. We manage fine, and even better now that I know I'm an Aspie.

Welcome to aspiecentral autismforums.

For getting information, you could not have chosen a friendlier or more helpful forum. I hope you can find out everything you're looking for!

New Threads

Top Bottom