• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Style

the new version of firefox is not very stable I have it go down at least once every 2 days, apparently it is suppose to be new from the ground up
I have not experienced any issues with it...my box has been on since the update...I despise Chrome and hate Internet Exploder...Safari is not great either...I am too used to windows to learn mac or linux...

Looks like it's mostly between Google and Mozilla according to these browser usage statistics. Just glad to see MSIE not even a factor now...

Browser Statistics

Disk space is important to me so I'm not in any hurry to install another browser...

Warwick- Are running Adobe's latest version of their Flash Player for Firefox? Just wondering...heard that might be problematic too.

Interesting Mozilla troubleshooting link: Ever since installing Firefox 29, the browser keeps crashing. How do I fix this? | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

Last edited:
I am using windows 7 64 bit and 8 GB of ram. I did update the Adobe flash player as well at some point. I Have added a SSD hard drive recently and ended up reloading every thing.

Adobe Crashplayer...had to quit my Youtubing last winter over it hogging resources...I installed the Firefox patch too...a few months ago they fixed it and no more troubles since...I hate computers,but keep on top of mine...I recently used a Fixmestick on my old laptop and it only cried about three baddies left behind by crappy free AVG...I run Adblock plus on Firefox...I hate broadcast TV because of the commercials so I stick to the web and hate jumpy flashy ads and crap I know I will never buy...Adblock lets me choose to turn most of it off...Chrome to me is just Googoil trying to corner the market on a browser like Bill Gates did to the PC...I have used Firefox since their first beta...I do try most new browsers as they are released... Internet Exploder in my honest opinion is there for a 1 time use to get a real browser...

I might have a look at the Adobe update. I am on 4.19 GHz. I have AMD processor on mine. So there is not much difference there Judge.

I might have a look at the Adobe update. I am on 4.19 GHz. I have AMD processor on mine. So there is not much difference there Judge.

Not really sure. There does appear to be more activity relative to Firefox crashes and AMD chipsets than Intel chipsets from what I can see so far. Of course they may also extend to GPU concerns as well.

Nitro, you running Intel or AMD ? Just wondering, since you aren't experiencing any troubles with Firefox either.

Not really sure. There does appear to be more activity relative to Firefox crashes and AMD chipsets than Intel chipsets from what I can see so far. Of course they may also extend to GPU concerns as well.

Nitro, you running Intel or AMD ? Just wondering, since you aren't experiencing any troubles with Firefox either.
I'm on an Intel 1.86 32 bit pushing 3g ram

I'm on an Intel 1.86 32 bit pushing 3g ram

Interesting. Clearly it's not a raw power issue connected with the processor or memory. But it might still be something associated with compatibility. Whether the cpu, gpu, chipset, or third-party software.

"Disk space is important to me so I'm not in any hurry to install another browser.."

I use a 3tb external drive like a jump drive...it is a fourth full...my little jump drives are 16 gb...I have a 64gb that was bought before the 3tb drive showed up...I paid $30 for my 64gb...the same price I paid for my first 256mb jumper...they were both a deal

I guess I have a storage obsession

It likes to do it mid post here I think, I'll note what site i am on next time. I thought it might b a Java script issue.

Ok, the horrid new faceless, generic male avatar will finally force me to select an image. I kind of liked the "male" symbol, but the featureless mannequin? Ugh.

Ok, the horrid new faceless, generic male avatar will finally force me to select an image. I kind of liked the "male" symbol, but the featureless mannequin? Ugh.
For that matter, I was never fond of the "avatar-less" picture being based upon male or female; I think I'd rather it just be blank.

All things considering, we have male and female... but what about people who can't really identify with either gender? Apparently quite recently India recognized the "3rd gender" to be a real thing...

I'm probably way to curious to see how that faceless avatar looks.

Yes, I'm poking a bit of fun, since gender choice was around before the new forum/visuals. But I think it's something to think about for those few who might be in the middle when it comes to gender. Having a "strong" male or female avatar might bother some.

My thoughts on the avatar deal is to find a pic you like,or grab something from an image search,or make your own...a blank colored pic would work as well...I respect the issue with personal pics and not wanting a pic of yourself posted,but maybe the alternatives would allow some personalization to suit moods or tastes...it isn't like it is a hard thing to do...

Yes I'd say just go image search and find the male symbol and make it your avatar again. No big deal. I'd be changing it too if it were mine, that new avatar is just too bright and flashy for my taste. The male symbol was more subdued so I just left it alone for some time.

I have mixed feelings about the new look, it's very clean and easy to navigate but the white and varying shades of grey put me off a bit, I don't think I could spend more then about 30 mins here without getting a bad headache, other then that nice job Brent :)

it would be nice if the other theme was enabled to be selected for people still using normal computers,laptops,etc (e.g: non-touchscreens,)

New Threads

Top Bottom