• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New pics of my garden railway.

artfull dodger

Happy 4th of July, spent the morning cleaning up my railway, pulling weeds, moved a building around. Test ran 2 new locomotives, the black/silver one I got donated to me, I decaled it up for my Autism Express. The green one is an Austrian prototype, I traded some HO scale trains for that one on Saturday. I get on European kicks from time to time and needed an engine to pull my Euro style cars. Enjoy the pics. Mike

:) These pics are really enjoyable; they are like a 4th of July excursion for me to view them. I think my favorite part is how the scenery, buildings and trains look as the waterfall tumbles down the mountainside in back. Thank you! :)

Last edited:
You would be supprised how little $$ I have in all that. Most everything was aquired second hand, traded for or bought for far less than it was new, some was even donated. The model train community is a very caring group and many that have, will help the have nots. A local shop that gets in this scale train from various collections helps. He also buys, sells and trades. So, that is my main place to get my trains thru. His repair technician is also an Aspie like me. I have several more trains I want, and in time they will show up at a price I can afford. Most of them I am looking for are European models of German or Austrian prototypes. I will be putting a certian Dr's office on my layout soon. Thanks for the comments. This little pic is a link to the test run one of my new engines early this morning. Mike

The video of the test run is great too. Now when I look at my flower and rock garden I will imagine a train track and train running happily it.

Woohoo!! I love seeing your trains! What a delightful set-up. Autism Express is awesome! Love the green engine, too. These photos are so fantastic to see! Thanks Mike for sharing these.

Your trains make me feel like---> :D:D:D:D:D

I like how you fit it all into the landscape among the trees and plants. Excellent.

Thanks everybody, the trains can have sound, but I have found it pushes me into a meltdown as on such a small layout, the sound never fades away like a real train, its just there all the time at the same volume. So mine run nice and quiet. I have quite the imagination having grown up with trains that never had sound. So, I do hear the sounds, in my head, while I am in my safe little world. Mike

New Threads

Top Bottom