• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member with a problem

My mom read a book about female aspies when I was 39 and that's when she finally started to get it. She recognized me all the way through the book. I was diagnosed at 27 but until she started reading about it aspergers meant very little to her. Wish she could have had that information about 20 years earlier.
Unless your parents are going to be abusive, my advice (though it could be bad advice) is tell them and let them read some stuff. Perhaps they will react like my mom. If my mom had known and understood before I was an adult I might have had a much better relationship with her. Those are decades I wish I could have a second chance at. She's in her 80's now and it's sad thinking about all the time we lost.
I'm sorry to hear this :( . I will look up some books,thank you for your advice. I hope you two get along and spent lots of time together :)

New Threads

Top Bottom