• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member, long-time internetter (is that a word yet?)

liberry

Hi, just found this site. I spend a lot of time alone (happily), but sometimes wish I had someone to talk to, so I thought this might be a good place.

I've been diagnosed with many disorders over the years (atypical bipolar, anxiety/depression, social anxiety, PTSD), but really they add up to undiagnosed Aspie trying to make sense of life while misunderstood. Now I have an Autistic daughter and I worry a lot about how she is constantly misunderstood. :/

4b7f1fe6df61b6696967caafe170b8b9.png
:)

Welcome to our side of the internet, Liberty! Come blog with us and you'll make friends!

Hi, just found this site. I spend a lot of time alone (happily), but sometimes wish I had someone to talk to, so I thought this might be a good place.

I've been diagnosed with many disorders over the years (atypical bipolar, anxiety/depression, social anxiety, PTSD), but really they add up to undiagnosed Aspie trying to make sense of life while misunderstood. Now I have an Autistic daughter and I worry a lot about how she is constantly misunderstood. :/

I'm sorry for your challenges...but....I think it is wonderful that you are able to understand your daughter better than NT parents! It is hard that she is misunderstood by others, but so valuable that she can be understood by you, and that you see those challenges. The fact that my mother misunderstood me so much has caused a lot of pain and anxiety for me. Now she has passed away - and this is nuts/irrational, but while some other people might long to see their parent again in the hereafter, I actually worry about how much she'll scold me and express her disgust and disappointment in me for how I conducted the rest of my life after she died - it makes me feel worried about having to see her again, even though I care deeply about her. Okay, perhaps that all sounds nutty, but that's how much a mother's understanding/opinion can matter to a daughter, no matter how old she gets!

New Threads

Top Bottom