• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New & looking for people that understand

Zero

I'm Zero, 31 from Pennsylvania. I was diagnosed as an aspie at age 27. A very late diagnosis. I was always aware I was different, there were issues that weren't "normal", and I just simply didn't fit in with those around me. The diagnosis was both wonderful & scary for me. Since then, I have grown to accept it and even embrace it. Despite the fact I still do not fit in at all.

I joined a forum a couple years ago but never really participated due to being shy & feeling like I'd still not fit in or make any connections. But lately I have been longing just to find people that understand and can relate to me so giving this a try again.

A little about me. I produce music make tracks & beats. And that's my complete passion. Currently, going to school for sound engineering with the hopes to turn it into a paying career. Outside of that I work at a grocery store where I manage my own department. And it's not going very well. I live in a literally one street light town, seriously our Wal-mart has horse parking! I moved here 4 years ago after being homeless from a city. I have yet to be able to adjust. The area & place I work at is full of young kids who have everything handed to them by their parents and are not open to people being different than them. Unfortunately, the area is very heavily racists. And being someone who listens heavily to rap/hip-hop it puts me as being even more different than them.

After 4 years here I am starting to feel like I am sinking and feeling greatly alone. So hoping to just join in conversations and meet new people that can understand and relate. Or are just simply accepting of people being "different". Thanks & HI.

Hi and welcome to Aspiescentral.

Also; music production? Nice :) always nice to meet fellow musicians (even though I'm slightly inactive right now) on aspie forums and such

I've been here like not even 2 weeks and can tell this is a great place to be yourself. I haven't felt the need to hide anything in my posts and replies so don't worry about that and I'm shy too, less so online of course.

Sounds like you've had/have it pretty rough right now. I think having AS makes everything more difficult but under your circumstances I can see how there are a lot of challenges.

Hopefully this will be a nice break from your day to day life. Nice to meet you!

Hi Zero and welcome,
No one is ever misunderstood here and were open 24/7. Stick around because this site has everything you need to feel connected and understood.
Cheers
Turk

Another PA person here, although I'm from the "big city" of Harrisburg, lol! Sorry to hear how alone you have been feeling; I know how easy it is to feel that way and am really glad you reached out here! The world is definitely bigger and more accepting that your little town so be encouraged that you are no longer alone.

Thank you for the warm welcome it really helps me out. I hope to jump into some conversations and connect with a few of you! After a rough evening this really cheered me up. Think joining here is going to be a good thing.

Another PA person here, although I'm from the "big city" of Harrisburg, lol! Sorry to hear how alone you have been feeling; I know how easy it is to feel that way and am really glad you reached out here! The world is definitely bigger and more accepting that your little town so be encouraged that you are no longer alone.

I'm not that far from Harrisburg. I live in Halifax. Lived in Harrisburg years ago and always miss it!

Zero
9hszd2.jpg

Had you not been able to make any friends in this little town? I understand why; such places can be extremely insular and close-minded, but hey, better than being homeless in a big city. Good on you for being able to claw your way out.

Anyhow, welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom