• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here

Merahj

I don't know what to say ever. I am looking for someone who understands what I have gone through. I need support and friends that understand and don't discount me because I don't text them 20 times a day.

I am female. 38. I live in the southeast. I love math. I have a cat.

Sorry that I am not good at this.

Thank you. I'm scared.

It can be a little weird to go through life and have virtually no one who seems to understand you, only to come to a place like this where so many may completely relate to you.

But it's nothing to be scared about. Social pressures are left at the door here. ;)

I am not sure I remember what that feels like. I have all these rules that I follow in the "real world" to make me socially acceptable. I have to take days off to "Decompress" from working and going to school. Even my friends, don't understand me. They don't understand why I don't constantly text them or email them. I don't understand the reason they want me to either. Like at all. I have told my friends that I have Asperger's Syndrome but none of them want to take the time to look it up so that they can understand me better. I usually feel alone in a crowd you know?

Welcome aboard :)
You have found a very friendly, helpful, and accepting community.
It can be difficult to peel away the "mask" we wear whilst around Neurotypicals. So many members here have been through similar situations involving fitting in and socializing. I hope you enjoy the site. Best wishes.
image.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Hope you will enjoy it here.
I'm new here too, but I have this feeling that people here can understand me better than those in real life. Here we can be ourselves, be honest and take off the mask we have to wear every day otherwise.
[emoji3]

I am not sure I remember what that feels like. I have all these rules that I follow in the "real world" to make me socially acceptable. I have to take days off to "Decompress" from working and going to school. Even my friends, don't understand me. They don't understand why I don't constantly text them or email them. I don't understand the reason they want me to either. Like at all. I have told my friends that I have Asperger's Syndrome but none of them want to take the time to look it up so that they can understand me better. I usually feel alone in a crowd you know?

My personal uptake is that ASD is inherently complex to comprehend. Then factor in that most people can only relate to their own neurological profile rather than that of others. Even more so that in many cases people have never truly given any thought to the very concept of neurodiversity.

It's left me with the notion that a few may be interested in successfully pursuing what it's all about. With even more attempting to find out and failing to understand. And that the vast remainder will likely be indifferent, given they constitute a neurological and social majority. For them, there's no reason- no incentive to even try to understand those with a different neurological profile.

Oh yes. That for us it's like being on the outside, forever looking in. Even when surrounded by own species. A relatively simple thing to explain to a fellow Aspie, but not necessarily to Neurotypicals. Just like our need for routine solitude. Basic tenets of our neurological existence that others simply cannot really fathom.

What are your cat's names? My cat is named Piston. He is a long haired Tuxedo. I rescued him from the animal shelter. I got him right after my last cat passed away. My other cat was a Norwegian Forest Cat. He was also a rescue. I don't believe in buying an animal when there are so many that need love and attention at kill shelters.

Piston is super sweet but very vocal. He meows a lot to get my attention (and it super annoying when he is frustrated and won't stop) when he sleeps in the living room and wakes up alone. Other than that he is very loyal. He always stays by my side, he doesn't nip and he lives for belly rubs. If i walk by him in the living room, he gets up on the chest freezer and tries to catch me so I will pet him. He doesn't purr much but when he is going to purr he curls up close to my ear or on my lap so that I can feel it. He is very loving and caring. I know people think that cats cannot be loving. That is a miscommunication. Cats are just as loving as dogs but their language is different.

Piston isn't a lap cat. He is a cuddle cat but he wants to own his part of the real estate whether that is my bed or a seat. Piston is also very athletic. Sometimes he climbs on the bed just to jump off of it almost into the hallway. My room is quite big too so this is quite the feat. Other than excessive meowing he is a very good boy that just wants love. He gets plenty of that here.

Sorry for rambling.

Welcome to the forum, trust me in saying that you can be you here.

(P.S. I think cats are pretty awesome, my family has 3, they drive me crazy, but so does the rest of my family, so they fit right in)

What are your cat's names? My cat is named Piston. He is a long haired Tuxedo. I rescued him from the animal shelter. I got him right after my last cat passed away. My other cat was a Norwegian Forest Cat. He was also a rescue. I don't believe in buying an animal when there are so many that need love and attention at kill shelters.
I have a boy and a girl. The girl is called Masala and the boy is called Taz. I don't think they are any special breed, just normal cats. :) Masala comes from a shelter too. I agree with you about adopting, I don't understand people who buy their pets instead of saving a life.
Taz I got from a colleague of mine.

Piston is super sweet but very vocal. He meows a lot to get my attention (and it super annoying when he is frustrated and won't stop) when he sleeps in the living room and wakes up alone. Other than that he is very loyal. He always stays by my side, he doesn't nip and he lives for belly rubs. If i walk by him in the living room, he gets up on the chest freezer and tries to catch me so I will pet him. He doesn't purr much but when he is going to purr he curls up close to my ear or on my lap so that I can feel it. He is very loving and caring.
Wow, it's like you just described Taz! :D He's so much like yours.
And yeah, when he's meowing so much it can be really annoying sometimes.
He's not a lap cat really, although he needs to be close to me like all the times. :) If I sit by my desktop computer he needs to stay under my desk. If I watch TV from the couch then he needs to be next to me. :)
He's also my personal alarm clock. :)
Masala on the other hand is completely the opposite. She was very feral, she lived on the streets before some people from the shelter rescued her.
She's more social now then before, but she still likes her privacy. She is kind of autistic I guess. :D

Here is a pic of both of them. Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge. :)
M-T.jpg

(edit: replaced the pic with the thumbnail)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom