• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here...

Maiasaura

Hi there--I'm newly diagnosed at 40 years old. I have 2 sons diagnosed with Aspergers as well. It is a strange thing that I feel like I know so much about it having watched my boys for the last 4 years. Looking at myself though I feel like I'm all thumbs with what to do next if anything. I look forward to hearing other's experiences and learning more.

Welcome to AC! Many of us were diagnosed as adults, or even "late in life." Very common to feel at bit odd at first. Delighted to "see" you here.

(EDIT: you may like this photo--a good thought to hold when the day is frustrating. I was shooting images of street signs and it seemed appropos for a friend who has an autistic son.)

Last edited:
Welcome to AC! Many of us were diagnosed as adults, or even "late in life." Very common to feel at bit odd at first. Delighted to "see" you here.

(EDIT: you may like this photo--a good thought to hold when the day is frustrating. I was shooting images of street signs and it seemed appropos for a friend who has an autistic son.)
Thanks for the welcome--that is a good photo:)

Hi Maiasaura!
I hope you can find things of you interest in here as well as some support from the community.
In any case, be very welcome! :)

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

Hi Maiasaura :) and welcome. I like your avatar. She says alot in Downton that makes me laugh :D

I am not officially diagnosed but discovered aspergers about 8 year's ago and now, at 45 have fully embraced it, although right now, feel much like you, ie floundering!

So very hard to be an aspie in an predominately nt world

Welcome to AC,
In some respects there is not so much something to do, once you find out, as you now have a better basis of evaluating your thoughts and response to things. At least that was how it was/is for me. It is a process figuring out ASD and in what ways and areas it is affecting you. But for me it was important to be able to start separating when my logical self was in control and when an illogical over-reactive Aspie trait was controlling my response (ie anxiety, social fear, etc). Up to that point I thought the anxiety/fear was me. Its not, or at least it doesn't have to be. So I know where to focus my attention on fighting impulses and slowly makes changes.

New Threads

Top Bottom