• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

new here, be gentle with me...

well, let me see... im a shut in in my meat-space life, PTSD, ,sensitivity to sounds and i hear voices. so i guess that sort of transfers over to this medium. just as in life im not sure how to act or what to say. it does seem you all are more likely to get that than most people so that helps. and hey all, thanks for the welcome.
hi and welcome to AC fuðflogi. i have all that stuff [though i dont know what meat space means] you are most definitely not alone,hearing voices -regardless of the label they give you is very common on the spectrum.

"Meat-space" is internet slang for "in person" as compared to cyberspace, being "on-line." It comes from the notion of being in the presence of other [human] bodies.

the beauty of the English language is that its alive and pliable, while there are definitions for words. its still meat space, the space we occupy while we occupy the meat.
but if correct usage by your understanding is your thing all i can say is thank you for clarifying .

hi and welcome to AC fuðflogi. i have all that stuff [though i dont know what meat space means] you are most definitely not alone,hearing voices -regardless of the label they give you is very common on the spectrum.

My question is are they in my head or am I just unable to tune out actual voices that others don't perceive. I tend to hear everything in my environment at once and have to actively not listen to things where others do it automatically because the mind doesn't need all the available information.
As far as meat space, in my meaning it's any environment that isn't online, I guess the opposite of virtual space. my label seems to be "schizo-affective".

New Threads

Top Bottom