• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need to sell my campervan!!

Cassandra65

I am stuck.
I am living with my dad as his carer and I hate it. I have a home in Australia which I am desperate to get back to but I need to sell my campervan (home converted) first and I can't! WeBuyAnyVan offered me an insulting price as an empty van only (it's full of everything you'd need), nobody else has done more than view (and that's only two people).
Has been advertised online on and off for over 6 months; friday ad, ebay, loads of facebook pages etc etc. Have reduced price from £13k to £7k, still nothing. I have to get out of here; that van is like a weight around my neck and is the only thing stopping me from getting home (I can't just walk off and abandon it!), I'm pretty much packed and ready to go - any advice please I'm desperate

I'm making the assumption that she's in England or Scotland. I'd look at putting notices up in backpacker hostels, and I guess there'll be some sort of social media groups for backpackers and the like. It's only my imagination here, I've never left my own country, but I think a campervan would be a serious consideration for people wanting to travel.

Also, in some ways selling a vehicle isn't much different to selling a house. You have to try and make a compromise between how much money you want for it and how long you're prepared to wait for someone willing to pay your price.

I don't know if it is an option for you, but I have seen people here sell cars and even houses using the lottery tactic. They sell tickets to a lottery and then draw a winner that gets the car. For example 100 tickets at 100 pounds each, that's 10 000 pounds. But that only works if it's possible to sell enough tickets. And it takes some extra work and time, it's not the easiest way to do it.

Keep the price high enough to not mind getting haggled down a bit. Never mind the main vehicle markets. Advertise to your target audience. Do you have good pictures showing what it can do? Are there any RV sales agents you could work with? My mother had no plans to sell hers, but a truck-stop waitress made an offer she wouldn't refuse. I have a friend who made a lot of money on buying and selling used cars by fixing minor problems and doubling the price. Have it clean and ready to go.

Put a for sale sign on camper and drive it to the busiest places like a big gathering of people, sports, outdoor markets, fairs perhaps? Write your contact info in big text so that people can read it too. Do you have local websites to list on? We have Craigslist and Next Door which is a great way to find things. Or offer to barter for something that you need, airplane ticket, another vehicle.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Have advertised on 2 dozen+ facebook groups specifically for campervans (quite a few 'likes', nothing else) plus another 12+ local selling groups. Don't have the time and energy for driving all over the place on the off chance. No back-packer places around here that I know of. It's a self-build/conversion so trade dealers aren't interested. I think my photos show it pretty well. Advert states all reasonable offers considered. I don't know enough people who'd want to win it to do a lottery! Not sure what else to do.

Not sure what else to do.
Do you have family there that you can leave it with? That way you can still sell it at a reasonable price and get on with moving back home, knowing that you'll get your money eventually.

I just stumbled across a reference to Vanlife Trader, an online marketplace for buying and selling camper vans, in a Wall Street Journal article about van life. I don't know if it is limited to the US, but maybe worth your time to look it up.

I just stumbled across a reference to Vanlife Trader, an online marketplace for buying and selling camper vans, in a Wall Street Journal article about van life. I don't know if it is limited to the US, but maybe worth your time to look it up.
Thanks - I had a look but it's US only

What size is it? (Make/model etc) Is out of my price range anyway and I need something cheap to run, but it may help someone.

The economy is kinda of weird right now. Ask for space to park on a used car dealer's lot, offer him 10% of total sale? Just put bare minimum info on index card with rip off phone numbers, and put it on community boards, and boards near universities where some young adult may need a such a van, and maybe their parents will give them cash to buy it? Lots of people are living in cars and vans everywhere. I just helped a older couple with a listing for a studio, they had been living in their van for some time now.

The economy is kinda of weird right now. Ask for space to park on a used car dealer's lot, offer him 10% of total sale? Just put bare minimum info on index card with rip off phone numbers, and put it on community boards, and boards near universities where some young adult may need a such a van, and maybe their parents will give them cash to buy it? Lots of people are living in cars and vans everywhere. I just helped a older couple with a listing for a studio, they had been living in their van for some time now.
Thanks but nowhere near any universities etc. Have tried lots of used car dealers - nobody is interested in even seeing it, and have only had a couple of insulting offers to buy outright. This area is weird - more transients than settled (we're right next to Gatwick) and loads of refugees. No community to speak of and no community spirit - even in our churches!

New Threads

Top Bottom