• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need more Extroverted Friends

mlrock

I am an incredibly outgoing and staunchly extroverted guy. However, the vast majority of my friends are highly introverted and/or painstakingly shy. As a result, I often find that they are either uninterested or feel uncomfortable doing many things that I love to do. While I do have some extroverted friends who enjoy doing a lot of the same things that I enjoy doing, I find that they're usually busy with other obligations, such as work and other social affairs. The lack of availability of my fellow extroverted friends can cause me distress, as I find that I am usually unable to participate in many of the activities that I enjoy doing. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to meet more outgoing, extroverted people that are more like-minded?

I think you're in the wrong place tbh ... you realize this forum is filled with people who are not extroverted and introverted. If we knew that answer we would probably not be here ...

Hi mlrock: I'm also one of those very introverted Aspies. However, I think that perhaps you should join into some community-type activities. Our municipality has sports teams, cycling groups, art groups & every other type of activity group you can imagine. If you join some of these that match your interests, whether it's sports, music, dance, theatre or whatever grabs you, ypu're likely to meet other people who live nearby & who enjoy doing many of the stuff you like.

I agree with Soup; I think that you're better off finding those people at community type activities. Or... go to a club/bar and see if you can meet up with people there. Though a bar might give you more shallow contacts and friends.

What exactly is it that you need these extroverted friends for? Aside from that you like people who are more outgoing and all. People told me that I'm not always that introverted in that sense... I'm sometimes quite outgoing and "social", but still people think I'm... somewhat annoying... I'm sometimes the hyperactive know-it-all and given my size, no one dares to shut me up, lol. So I'm actually wondering what you need them for in terms of activities and/or other "uses"

It depends on where you are or what you are into but meetup.com was something my therapist suggested to me. But for my area none of them seemed right for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom