• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Natural Gift for writing Poetry

Pondering

Does anyone have a natural gift for writing poetry? If so, what do you write about? Where do you find your inspiration? What got you started?

I don't want to sound like I am bragging but I actually do have quite a flare for poetry. I discovered it in 7th grade when I had to write something for my English class. I especially like rhyming... I can't really describe it but when something rhymes it just 'sounds right' and I know it's good and I use it. I really liked Dr Seuss growing up and still today so maybe that's where I get my inspirations from?

I love to write poetry too!! It just makes me fulfilled, clears my mind.

What I write about? Hmm... It depends on my mood. It can be love, war, happiness and flowers, depression and darkness. Everything has a positive effect on my in the end.

Inspiration. I think about writing ALL THE TIME. There is always a song playing in the back of my mind and I always search new things to write about. While driving, watching TV, walking my dog etc. I think the best inspirations come from the back of your mind, so I read a lot of positive/philosophy books.

I started when I was 12. I was severely depressed and suicidal. I felt like I needed to write down my thoughts, so I did. But after I wrote them down, more and more thoughts just kept appearing. After a week or so, I started rhyming words together. After a few years, I started putting music into them. Now, I'm an amateur songwriter and producer.
Sad story had a happy ending. :)

It's a great thing you write poetry. Poetry is as big as the universe!
I recommend you to try writing a few songs, it might be your new thing!

I enjoy writing sometimes. I don't think I'm very good though :) Then again, the process is probably more beneficial to me than technical excellence. I think I posted one of mine in the poetry thread. But here's another one: Red Figment

As much as a claim to be an introvert, many of my small poems are about people I know, but not close with. I also like to write about things I seem fixated on, one is crows for example. A friend of mine encouraged me to write poetry, so yeah, that's how I started. :)

I have always perceived my life through poetry. From my early years I would write poetically about whatever touched me, they became my diary, then when I fell in love for the first time the style became more Shakespearean and angsty. I still write, each day brings inspiration for something.

Poetry is a process that's much better suited to my way of thinking and self-expression than prose.

And I don't want to sound arrogant, but I remember that many years ago, some of my poetry was "published" in my school's yearly poetry compilation books. I really wish I had saved those.

I really want to get back into writing poetry, but my own doubts and fears are holding me back.

New Threads

Top Bottom