• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My first visit to a therapist-It is confirmed, I am an Aspie

Iamarock

I had my first visit to a therapist today and he was able to confirm what I thought was true, I am an Aspie. I asked him if he thought I had autism spectrum disorder and he said to me that I was right on target with my belief.

This comes as a relief to me. I finally know that I am not strange or weird and that I am not just a narcissistic, insensitive jerk. At the end of a very long session he asked me what I wanted to do about it? I thought about it for a little while and I said that the one thing that I don't want is to be "cured". I am what I am and I can live with that.

I finally feel free!

New Threads

Top Bottom