• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 100th new thread

Vixus

That one guy...
I have been on many forums, and created and commented on so many welcome/hello threads that I almost ignored such a formality.
Although... Im here, and I don't even know where to begin lurking, so I might as well say hello. \_(*_*)_/ and figure out where the places to lurk are.

Here goes: I have been on almost 30 different forums (my way of escaping) all of which I have strayed away from because of real life, and or lack of general acceptance... because Im weird compared to normal people. I just hit 20 years old, and have become very familiar with my diagnosys and all my friends have at least some degree of it (at least some with the same symptoms such as ADD), and I can spot someone with it from across a school cafeteria.

I have overcome most of the challenges and major signs of it, such as the inability to look someone in the eye, but I need help because I can't seem to keep my jaw on lock down... which has been a problem in the Army (Im currently NG).

I could really use some advice in that area, and would be glad to help others as well. The military is a very hard thing to get into with any degree of Autism, yet everyone has something that will keep them from joining.

I also forgot to mention that on the civilian side, I am in training to be an automechanic, and also assemble bikes at Walmart. I am also the person in charge of maintaining a small fleet of seven bikes and all my friends bikes.

NG = National Guard.

I looked that up.
Otherwise I'd just keep making up phrases
in which the words started with the letters 'NG.'

Welcome to the forum Vixus, hope that you'll find a home here. There are people your age here, and several who have been in the military. You can familiarize yourself with aspie central by reading and or lurking, or chatting.

Welcome to AC. I spent 5 years active duty. I realized pretty early that the Army isn't my thing, but it was good for my family, so I don't regret joining.

Something that might help is to mentally prepare yourself for being in uniform. When you put it on also put on your game face. Get yourself into the mindset of a soldier for as long as you have on the uniform, then allow yourself to relax and unwind as soon as you take it off. Remember that as long as you as in uniform you represent something larger than yourself and try hard to live up to what it is you represent. Whenever things got really stressful I would remind myself that it would be over soon.

Thank you for your service. Godspeed.

Thank you all for the advice, and especially to Witty for the inspiration.
Also, sorry others for forgetting about jargon, I didn't think twice that NG could nhave any other meanings. I do my best to limit that kind of misunderstanding.

Onward to lurking!

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you in the community here. I can relate to autism in the military. USN 2001-2005, GWOT, Enduring Freedom and such.
Try to embrace the rules and regulations, be squared away.
Best wishes
IMG_6481.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom