• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music that calms and soothes you...

My tastes in music vary so much. I generally like smooth jazz/soft jazz. Here lately I've been watching videos of Yanni performing live.
Most people think of Yanni as elevator music, and a lot of it is. HOWEVER, there are 3 or 4 tunes that will make you want to get out of your seat and dance, or try too!
I'm going to attempt to post a couple of clips here. Forgive the ads; can't figure out how to post the vids w/o them.
The female vocalist at the 2:04 mark has an incredible voice and is easy on the eyes too. She can sing me a lullaby anytime.

Soundtracks from my favorite TV series are very relaxing for me (especially soundtracks from Doctor Who). I also love listening classical music (very loud) when I'm too anxious.

The music on the radio program "Echoes", weeknights on PBS.

One of my favourite songs of all time, works for me every time

Last edited:
Celtic woman is great. If you like their ethereal sound, I'd also suggest Eric Whitacre.

This is my favorite, Cloudburst. It's not English, but it tells the story of a prayer for rain being answered. I suggest closing your eyes and letting the music tell the story for you.

Aaah, that always gives me chills.

The Infinite Jukebox

I sleep/nap to this sometimes. It's an infinite loop of Melancholy Hill by Gorillaz but it loops it in a way that makes it sound like the song is never ending instead of playing it from the beginning to the end and then repeating. And this actually works so that you can browse on other sites while listening too, just open it in a different window. And you can listen to any song on loop like that on this site. It's really awesome. I like listening to one song on repeat to relax, I don't even know why.

Oddly enough, the music that makes me feel calm is quite melancholic. That said, here are some of my favorites:

The Scientist (Coldplay)
A Rush of Blood to the Head (Coldplay)
We Never Change (Coldplay)
Fix You (Coldplay)
Yellow (Coldplay)
Amsterdam (Coldplay)
Help is Round the Corner (Coldplay)
For You (Coldplay)
O (Coldplay)
See You Soon (Coldplay)
How To Disappear Completely (Radiohead)
Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead)
Street Spirit (Radiohead)
Motion Picture Soundtrack (Radiohead)
Let Down (Radiohead)
Exit Music (Radiohead)
Creep - Acoustic (Radiohead)
No Surprises (Radiohead)
I Have Nothing (Noah and the Whale)
Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down (Noah and the Whale)
Our Window (Noah and the Whale)
Broken (Jake Bugg)
Slide (Jake Bugg)
Seven Swans (Sufjan Stevens)
To Be Alone with You (Sufjan Stevens)
Behind Blue Eyes (Limp Bizkit)
Honey, It's Alright (Gregory Alan Isakov)
You Are a Memory (Message to Bears)
Say Something (Great Big World)
Epilogue (The Antlers)
Poor Boy (Blind Pilot)
Mad World (Gary Jules)

I subscribe to Live365.com.........Kinda like Pandora but I like it better. Here in the Memphis area, its my
only venue for Smooth Jazz and New Age music.
This piece and video has got to be some of the most inspiring and beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard....
AND in a church setting too!
This is Freddie Ravel performing a tribute to his sister.....
MERCY! What an incredible pianist!!!

A jazz tune I particularly love ... especially the piano. Kevin Toney wrote this piece for his Dad (for his birthday).

I love my home station 107.3 The Eagle that seems to play all the best music that matches the weather and my mood gets instantly chill, happy and calm at anytime of the day.

"All I Ask of You" - Jackie Evancho
"The Lonely Ballerina" - Michele Mclaughlin
"Kiss the Rain", River Flows in You" and "When the Love Falls" - Yiruma
"Primavera", "I giorni", and "Nuvole Bianche" - Lucovico Einaudi

Tracks like this:

Future World Music: Voyage to Atlantis

Immediate Music: Wyatt's Torch

Then there is darker stuff like this: City of the Fallen-Immortality

New Threads

Top Bottom