• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music over the 'Autism' theme

autism-and-autotune

A musical mind with recent revelations
Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 6.47.33 PM.png

You know me; obsessed with counterpoint! I came up with this theme on day in church. 'Solfege' is how we refer to the names of notes, and its history is long and complex and not very well known to me. Granted, I sort of fudge the rules by using 'a' and 'ut' but the principle still stands *shrugs*.

Here's the full piece, if anyone is curious to hear it! I'd considered calling it 'the diagnosis' but golly that would've been too much info...

I like it. Not somesomething
I like it. Not something I would play in the car, because it's relaxing and that would be a bad idea for me while driving. But in relax with, it's soothing. I've never been good with "themes" in music. I remember field trips to the local symphony orchestra and being told a piece of music depicted some specific thing like leaves falling in autumn or what have you. I would listen to the music expecting somehow to be reminded of falling leaves, only to be disappointed and then annoyed that they had said something so absurd. I enjoy music, and sometimes images do come to me while listening, but nothing remotely like I'm told the music is supposed to evoke

I like it. Not something I would play in the car, because it's relaxing and that would be a bad idea for me while driving. But in relax with, it's soothing. I've never been good with "themes" in music. I remember field trips to the local symphony orchestra and being told a piece of music depicted some specific thing like leaves falling in autumn or what have you. I would listen to the music expecting somehow to be reminded of falling leaves, only to be disappointed and then annoyed that they had said something so absurd. I enjoy music, and sometimes images do come to me while listening, but nothing remotely like I'm told the music is supposed to evoke
Ah, thanks! I understand and relate to your experiences with the symphony music; I often have the same thoughts as well. One of the only exceptions is Vivaldi's Four Seasons concerti--also Baroque music, which I think is more fitting and accurate when it comes to depicting things. I'm glad you enjoyed what I wrote--thanks for listening, too!

New Threads

Top Bottom