• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

More of the same

dlb

Hello. Recently diagnosed (beginning of this year). Nice to have an explanation that fits so disturbingly well, but wasn't really offered any help or advice. Right now, I'm just having a hard time connecting to people. I thought perhaps this site would be a good place to start.

Though I do find the idea of an aspie gathering ironically amusing. I guess at least this is online—I've seen posts about in-person ASD Meetup groups, and that just strikes me as ... disastrous? Might be morbidly curious enough to try one out. "Most awkward social gathering in Meetup history."

Welcome aboard:) this is a friendly and helpful community, I hope you enjoy it. Best wishes.

image.jpg

Thank you for saying hello. I know it's different for everyone, but how do people typically get involved here? Just posting in the forums? As I'm sure will sound familiar to many of you, I'm never quite clear on how to approach new people.

Hi dlb :) and welcome

There are a variety of ways to be involved.

Here's a list of the ones I can think of

-Posting in an already existing thread. (I'm fond of the games threads as they can be a way to interact with others in a fun and light hearted way.)
-Creating a new thread (it's worth doing a search to find out if there is already a thread about the topic you are thinking of starting a thread about)
-Chatting in the Chat room
-PMs (I think PM stands for Private Messaging. This is a way of contacting other members that is private)
-Posting on your own Profile page or the profile pages of others.
-Posting photos in the media section
-Posting a blog in the blogging section.

There a a number of threads that are very active, so are a good way of keeping involved with others, here are some of them

How do you feel today?

Word association

Last 3 Letters Into 3 New Words

The last thing that made you laugh

What song are you listening to right now?

Hi there dlb It's quite a deal to receive a diagnosis especially when you don't get very much associated info or any support structures afterwards so it's good you found here, I wish I had a lot earlier! Related reading can be useful: Tony Attwood's Complete Guide To Aspergers is often recommended & there is stuff on You Tube posted by spectrumites which is interesting & insightful. Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to the forum :) Personally I just look at threads that interest them read what others say, give karma to ones that stand out, write a comment, or write a reply to someone else's comment. You can also start a thread if you want to talk about something specific. You can become as involved as you like.

New Threads

Top Bottom