• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Mind-hacking"

Inator

mad author
(a.k.a. "Turning Manipulator: Part 3")

Hello. For those who don't know me, I'm Inator, beginner videogame developer with a somewhat successful fangame on my portfolio (xD), physically 22 years old, mentally 13 years old. I'm registered since about 3 years ago, back when it was still named "AspiesCentral Forums"; at first I was self-diagnosed with Asperger's, but I've changed a lot lately, and now I have an official diagnosis... for AsPD, aw.
Since last time I wrote a post here, my social skills and coping mechanisms have changed a lot, for the better. You're free to agree or not with my way to do things, all I'm doing here is to share what I think in hope it could help someone because... well, it just "works" for me, but you be the judge. Excuse me if this topic isn't as much carefully-written as my other ones though, but I honestly got quite bored mid-way, sorry.

First of all, I've learnt that our brain changes its physical shape throghout the years, all the way until our death. The mind feels to be always constantly changing too, based on the stuff we experiment IRL, the conclusions we take, and so on. Let alone that lots of brain cells die and are also generated, everyday.
I'm not an expert in psychology, just an unlicensed software programmer who studies animation and arts, but as the curious & creative(tm) human I am, I allow myself to have my own theories; that the "brain" is like a computer that runs a program. The software can glitch up and may or not get fixed, the hardware can break by inside/outside factors, but overall be much harder to fix in comparison. If the software learns there's an issue though, it will try its best to fix or workaround it (kinda like "attack" or "run" natural strategy). It seems like software rather prefers to "fix" the software, and "workaround" the hardware issues, though (and well, it's the only way to do things on computers anyway :v). Don't get me wrong, I don't think we are mere "chemical bags", what I actually believe, is that our "souls" have been inserted into those mechanic "physical bodies"; compare it to sci-fi productions where someone controls a giant robot suit from inside.

Mind's "hardware" would be the brain's "material" and pre-programmed functions, by physical design. Such as the "feelings" processing, "translating" the input vision into proper "format" for your "soul"'s "screen", the "body needs water" alert (hypothalamus-handled "thirst"), automatic sexual desire, etc. Someone with, say, strong epylepsia, is definitely "bad hardware", for instance; brain cell's material isn't made the way it should, making it difficult or impossible to run the software, even if actually "correct" (why does an old overheating GPU display "artifacts"?). If you get a strong hit in the head and lose some memories, that's a "hardware's" issue too.

Now, assuming the hardware is "correct enough" (nobody's perfect, but assuming it passes the human's "Q&A Criteria"), the self-programming "software" (kinda like A.I. bots do) could result being good or bad, depending of the many circumstances. It's meant to experiment (input) and react (output) upon the given situation, while running a "self-protection" process in the background. Proper input should give a proper output. For example: If someone had the average-good upbringing, its software can self-develop very well, if the person aims to be "smart" and has good-enough quality hardware, the software can "optimize" itself to "output" a more accurate/faster/ect result too. However, if the environment is incredibly bad, the resulting software could misuse the hardware very bad, or outright break it. For example, if someone's been "mentally sane", but he happens to survive a car accident and all of his family dies but him, it may be some more difficult for him to sleep the next days, thus killing many brain cells.
By the way, could be my impression, but it LOOKS LIKE "sensitive" and/or "naturally smart" people have better-than-average hardware, but because their thought process is much more "detailed" and "fine", but they are easier to break, deeply. If regardless having good hardware the subject gets convinced (and falsely "proven" by some evil person) to have bad memory, subject will first believe to have bad memory, then eventually WILL behave with bad memory, perhaps simply by not "trusting" his. And who knows, if he's unlucky, others could take approach from that and turn it even worse, and/or he may remain this way until his death, too bad.
By logic, the greater your math formula is, the more chances you have to get a single number wrong, and especially if during initial phases, the final disaster looks a lot worse (a videogame can have many kinds of bugs, and once you learn the reasoning behind some of the biggest ones... uhhh).

Did you know that Google's A.I. used to classify black people as gorillas? Not because racism, it's just that their database simply had more photos of white people; the information wasn't diverse enough, so it fell into what we'd humanly call "prejudice". This seems to be a logical law of sorts, and because this, I couldn't care any less if someone claims that "I have autism", it's that person who should know better.
I'll now try to explain how I've classified such conclusions, based on all information I could humanly process by comparing myself to someone of almost my same age who's very close family, and whose "hardware" seems to be incredibly closer/similar as mine (genetics, blood system, and many other things I can't mention).
This guy's quite sensitive; his life though hasn't got a huge load of negativity targeted towards him like I do. He's very sane and lucky, a "winner" in almost anything he tries to do. The people he spent with during his upbringing did positively encourage him to feel "powerful and capable" too. Sometimes he'd take approach of his "powers" for his better good (evil and not evil), making he feel a lot better with himself in return.
On my side, it was all the contrary. I'm very sensitive too, used to be a "normal & sane" guy up until I was 10 and half (I THINK), then my bad environment "broke" my hardware and software. My mom built "fake memories" to brag about how I don't remember anything, and during my teenhood I had been very forgetful. My dad was a horribly "correct" person, and I unfortunately learnt a lot from that; When my closer people were like "you shouldn't feel X way when Y happens" and vice-versa, they made me doubt of my own judgement, and worsen up my social skill. When certain person made me feel like I couldn't talk to someone else properly, the less capable I was to make proper eye-contact (too overwhelming). I was fed-up with "mistakes" on almost anything I tried (except logics!), so I've tried to compensate by avoiding them at all costs (workaround), spending more than half my energy on this task everyday, and I was very nervous/paranoid overall, turning me very repetitive and clumsy, and thus piling up more "mistakes" to put me even deeper in this hole. The software looks quite unoptimized and maybe glitched to this point, right? When I was 10/11 years old, my dad hit his "mental crisis", and he treat me so bad that my hardware glitched up too: I begun seeing eyes and faces on any texture, everywhere (like this, except in my case it's all angry staring human faces, would move at times too).
I could have kept for all the rest of my life in this way... IF I hadn't been forced to lie so constantly to cover my ass up (against impossible situations) :v. This way I begun learning how "manipulations" work, to others and myself. Average adults are experts at applying it overall, so it filled me with rage and hatred for the world. Seriously, are children the only human beings capable to be openly "real"?. Certain day, I decided to quit trying to improve upon myself, it was just useless. I didn't want the "Asperger's curse" to follow me through all my life, crippling every single one of my actions and thoughts. I made my own set of "morale principles" based on how my feelings "naturally" work (It's better this way, it takes a bit of "common sense" to realize that a "rule" doesn't "equal" good/correct), see myself as "main" and others "secondary" (because unless the sacrifice was worth it, I'm my life's own protagonist, it's that simple, doesn't mean I'm selfish), and so on. All this is what I call "mind-hacking".

I stopped caring about lots of stuff, freeing a lot of mental charge. After getting expelled from University (for prefering to work in an external but good-hearted project instead of doing the "correct" for first time ever), my motion was iteratively less clumsy. I had the courage to talk with my family about all their truths and other stuff that was bothering me since long time, and although it didn't work at first, I regained the trust to eye-contact in a single day o_O (I was incredibly furious that time, though). Most of what I do today is quite rage-driven. And I think that this, coupled with my work, has turned me some narcissistic. More than just being "ironical", I became an expert for heavy and mild jokes, making it a ton easier to talk and hack (lol) my new classmates and teachers at my new career. I don't have to be selfish, I actually like sharing everything I do, my visual art, project's source codes and so on, because it makes me feel better and I like it; I like the feedback, and it's thrilling when someone wants to begin an argument for the sake of it xD. My ego for sure is higher than before, but although I have nothing to brag about (nor would like to do it either), it helps me function a lot better, because I actually am more confident of myself, than automatically believing everything I do is wrong. I'm nice with those I think deserve it, and I'm a nemesis for the evil people. I don't need to be paranoid at details anymore, because I don't let evil people confuse my mind anymore. And because I'm so good, everybody who says I'm egocentrical and all that crap are just envy at my happiness and just want to bring my mood down, but I don't careee :p . The less I rely to "logic", the more my talking has became "natural" or "automatic", giving my mind some room to achieve some specific "goal" in the casual talk, than merely trying to hopelessly "hold up".
In my new career, how curious, for the first time I have more female than male friends, and I can talk about whatever I want however I feel like (although I admit I've cheated a bit during first days, for instance by crossing arms and sending subliminal messages with my fingers (among other tricks), but I give you my word I haven't tricked anyone who's "good" into anything "evil").

Do note though: I have plans to get involved into the general media (to promote good energies and such (i.e. prevent children to turn into evil teens, adults are a lost cause IMO), it's my ultimate life goal), but no matter my skill level, I require to be socially "allowed" to do so, and from my Point of View, the end begun justifying the means lately :v. As a videogame designer, not only I require to be a good artist or programmer, I'm actually meant to study and know how to "play" with my public's emotions, and I got to do it properly if I want to live off from it; of course I'm going to fall into many "prejudices" as I study people on the way but... once again, it's logically natural, and I'm a human, so I'm not any "less good" if I commit a mistake here. Everybody got their prejudices, including the best people around, what actually makes the difference is simply how to deal with it. If there's some social group I dislike for "blurry" reasons, I wouldn't brag about it. Publically recognizing "excuse me, maaybe I'm prejudicing a bit here" before exposing a delicate point is more than enough, because I express courtesy first, thus decreasing chances for someone else to just criticize me up as if implicitly trying to spit on my face. Nobody's allowed to judge my imperfect thinking, only my actions are. But if someone wants to keep on the ******** and come up with a "don't talk if you're not sure what you talk about" point while being in a colloquial setting, well... basically I'd say the equivalent of "screw you too, bitter guy" XDDD.
I mean, think on Google's case; their A.I. could prejudice/mistake any kind of thing, it could have as well confused animals with objects instead, but nooo, Google had the bad view simply because humanity wanted the negatively "racist" interpretation of a totally accidental issue. Then again, it was a giant corporation led by bitter no-frills men, who released a product with functions they weren't fully sure would work correctly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Like certain teacher said, every single point in existance is questionable, and since we can only talk from our own PoV, we can consider ourselves right AND wrong at the same time.
Likewise, those conclusions of mine may be relying on incomplete data, so I may get called out for promoting half-assed psychology/psychiatry... AND/OR, simply because none of this is "convenient"!! Don't forget, big pharma doesn't look to "cure", but rather "maintain" its patients. Misinformation can screw us lots, and today all our society is incredibly manipulated by very wrong ideas. I mean, years ago I had to drink this Risperidone, which is very poisonous only made me worse (on my particular case), when I didn't even need it at all; I was supossed to trust on it (no other chance for my own health), but that would have been my doom. IMHO the best way to learn on certain topic is to grab as much information as possible from many different sources, attempt to determine the obvious patterns and whatever implicit one they all missed, and create own conclusions myself. At least on me, it works faster, it's more accurate, and it's more efficient, than uselessly trying to decypher the unnecessarily extra-complex maths books from school. My "method" for learning doesn't "have" to be the same as yours nor vice-versa though, our minds are different; you can feel lucky if it's at least "similar".
That said, anyone is free to explain why am I "wrong", try as hard as you want, and I'll reply with "ok", but I am who will finally decide whether do I change my mind on the topic or not.

Who knows, perhaps my "Asperger" was my mind being delibaretely beat up before had a chance to stand up + giving up without trying. Not gonna deny, I still have lots of rage trapped inside, I get into more trouble lately and easily (almost legal). Remember the AsPD diagnosis? After my child/teenhood, how is it even possible?!. Do I have both AS/AsPD at the same time? Did I always have only one or other without knowing? Are both similar enough that I could "switch" to the other "side"?. To me, it really felt as if I was previously ignoring a lot of obvious "non-logical" signals, especially present with eye-contact, simply because I didn't "trust" them for a long time, due to my early bad luck and experience. For the sake of avoiding mistakes, for the sake of feeling less of this overwhelming pain, "run". But now I couldn't care any less, at least my rage today only fuels my will to psychologically attempt to change the world through the media, which is actually good for my goals, "attack". Also, I've morphed from having awkward meltdowns into violent but less-frequent rage attacks, though oddly, neurotypicals welcome the latter some more LOOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (or at least it's comparatively easy as pie to socially recover-up afterwards)

None of this "fixes" my hallucinations of the faces though, and perhaps nothing will. However my "software" has lately been a lot more efficient on its respective "workaround" lately, and the hallucinations doesn't even move anymore! :D

Oh, something I forgot to mention: Other than eye-contact, I don't think I've ever in my life felt sensory overstimulation, for some reason. Well, perhaps I probably did at some point, up to couple years ago even the smallest of wounds used to feel incredibly painful, until I've learnt that I should focus my mind on something else, whenever it happened. That, and it seems like my vision is particularly color-sensitive and clear (regardless spending a lifetime in front of CRT screens), and it's easier for me to spot the visual effects and mistakes in the movies. Only once my vision has flashed in white when I was 11 years old (after spending 3 days without sleep)

Last edited:
I think people brains are like those squishy balls you play fetch with dogs with. But what ever you do never ever let your dogs play with your brain.

We have many similarities and your knowledge is pretty advanced :)

The computer was actually modeled in our image / modeled based on the the concept of our brains. If you ignore tailored history about evolution and neanderthals... IMO, The computer is really close to primitive human life. Everything you see, hear, smell, taste and feel is nothing but electrical signals sent to your brain.
In the computer it's also nothing but electrical signals sent to it's "brain". RAM / memory, Processor / pre frontal cortex, videocard = eyes to the occipital lobe.
We can take that computer and put it into a robot with a metal shell.
We can take the "brain" of that computer and put it in flesh like dolls. Put sensors / nerves in it's artificial meat suit for feeling. Microphones for hearing. Cameras for sight. Complex sensors for taste... in which their tongue would separate and analyze components of the food. Like us, it's all just electrical signals sent between the brain and body.

Several decades from now we will probably be able to build systems close to human. a primitive self efficient body. Perhaps one that could generate it's own power / electricity. 100 years from now 200? Organs can already be grown in labs and put into peoples bodies it's safe to say that the life of the future will be almost indistinguishable from us. Getting it to separate matter and refuel certain hormones and chemicals may be a challenge but at this rate we'll get it done.

I digress though lmao

If you haven't already i would recommend looking into the subconscious mind. Our life is basically run by auto execute programs and digging into this study would take your knowledge and success that much further. You seem quite accomplished already but if you haven't dug deep into this yet it will be very rewarding i look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Last edited:
Reading this, I realize this is what I have been doing for a good part of my adult life as a coping mechanism. It worked, in a way that I did could ignore my insecurity and vulnerability, but at the cost of numbness, chronic pain and having few feelings apart from anger and resentment. There is more (read my introduction if you are curious).

Until about 5 years ago (I am 38).
Then it got worse,
when all I had been working towards got closer to fruition (despite my body getting more and more pain), and then sabotaged. That sent me into total paranoia while I had to live on welfare from month to month (at times daily coupons). All my saved up money, all my work into networking, all my research into business tax system (write offs withing the 2 first year for startups was deductible), all my effort into scouting the market and set up a business plan. It all went down the drain. I tried to reason, but to no avail. Two years wasted as I appealed up through the justice system, without a lawyer, because I could not afford one. I wanted justice. I got the difference between a low salary and welfare, but the opportunity was lost. Someone else had established what I was working for. I don't want to think about it, but I lost many years of effort and approx $150K+ and a future work situation where I could spot and help new talent in the jewelry industry. Justice? No. Now I wanted revenge.

I needed help.

It has taken me 5 hard years of therapy, a lot of self insight, and a lot of society support systems effort to help me get to the bottom of the problem. My problem with the world, and my problem with my self. I had lost contact with the little boy inside that wanted to love everything. I wasn't myself anymore. I had no motivation to keep on running this old computer. It was outdated in a world with more and more focus on efficiency. My effort (into develpoing my software) that few seemed to notice, was because I had a mismatch with my capacity in a NT working enviroment and the Asperger hardware (did I get that right?). I had compared myself with the framework of NTs, focusing on all the things I didn't manage. Instead of knowing about my ASD framework, and in that perspective marvel at the things I have succeeded with. Monetary values does not resonate with me. It is a flawed system of worthiness.

Compassion (don't confuse with empathy).
Generosity.
Equality.
Those are dear to me.

Identifying and changing my defense mechanism, so I don't assume the worst case scenario with every person I meet (evil people) was, and still is a difficult task. You are right. It is possible to learn methods to be a "mentalist". But I will advice you to not run rampant with the feeling of control and power. It takes a lot of work to turn around. Watch End of the Fxxxing world if you haven't already. You are allowed to get away with much more than what you would think. You are allowed to run yourself into the ground. The construct of society is weak and imperfect, and it is just recently that I realize how important it is not to let my own anger and disappointment try to weaken it further. I am still of the opinion that there is a link between destruction and creativity, but the feeling of chaos and the reality of chaos are different things. Everything is subject to change. Let me finish with a few of my favorite quotes, that have helped me think deeply about my motivation and role in this world. I hope they will help you too.

"Society must assume it is stable,
but the artist must know,
and he must let us know,
that there is nothing stable under the heavens"
-James Baldwin

"If we are not regularly deeply embarrassed by who we are,
the journey to self-knowledge hasn't begun"
-Alain de Botton

"All that happens to us,
including our humiliations,
our embarrasments,
are given to us as raw material,
as clay,
so that we may shape our art"
-Jorge Luis Borges

Oh, and: Where can I find your game? I'd love to check it out.

New Threads

Top Bottom