• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Medications and Aspie Scores In Signatures

DudBomb

I've seen a few comments, "I guessing", on why people do this. For me, it's just another way to relate to each other, without having to spell it out all the time. like, oh, that's why his posts seem like they are from different people. I sink inside when I have to constantly explain myself about my irregularities :D Like, they have to understand it before it becomes real to them. Got a li'l sidetracked.:rolleyes: How do you feel about Medications and Aspie scores in signatures?

It's up to everyone whether they want to put it in their signature, or anywhere at all. I have my scores on my profile, but my medications aren't on there. I have no problem telling anyone what I take, I just didn't think it was particularly interesting :sweatsmile:. If someone asked, I'm happy to tell, but I imagine some people would want to keep information about themselves private.

Indeed. Another way to possibly relate to one another based on a common bond. I like using it because others do as well. To establish a sort of nebulous yet quantitative "benchmark", whether accurate or not of who I am interacting with. Especially when I make such considerations over time, having dealt with the same person before.

Though equally interesting is when I have conflicting ideas with someone who may or may not occupy a similar point on the spectrum. Which again plays into the notion that we're all different even with certain similarities.

Meds? I'll discuss them, but I see no point in putting them in my signature. Even if we take similar or same medications there's little chance we all uniformly react accordingly. Far too many variables IMO when it comes to pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:
Personally I just find scores and what medications people take is interesting. It doesn't really give me any insight to what the person is dealing with on a daily basis however. And their experience with the same drugs I'm on is next to useless unless it's just a one liner in a conversation. If they were to list other conditions they have to deal with that's a little more useful.

On another forum I'm on people list what medications they're on and my pet peeve is because it's primarily populated with Americans they all list brand names for medications. It would be easier if people listed the ingredient names/generic names since they're only one name for that whilst they're hundreds of the bloody brand names from around the world for the same drug. Yeah, okay not a lot of people recognise what drug fluoxetine is until you mention Prozac and I'm assuming that all started with this very bizarre idea that Americans get subjected to adverts on TV about prescribed drugs. Which is really putting the business side into the health care system. Something my people don't get with our NHS. I suppose this is more like the UK versus the way the rest of the world does it though. But once again I digress.

On another forum I'm on people list what medications they're on and my pet peeve is because it's primarily populated with Americans they all list brand names for medications. It would be easier if people listed the ingredient names/generic names since they're only one name for that whilst they're hundreds of the bloody brand names from around the world for the same drug.

Fixed, I changed welbutrin to Buproprion.:D

I put my test scores so that I didn't have to keep listing them in posts and it helps others know where your at on the spectrum to some degree. I dont take meds(for now) as my therapist feels the side effects outweigh the benefits for me right now. Choosing to deal with my anxiety and social issues with CBT and ABA therapy. Then dealing with my sensory issues in ways related to each one. Tinted windows on my truck and my glasses auto tint outdoors for light sensitivity, hearing protection when in noisy enviroments as necessary, weighted blanket to help me sleep and as a calming tool. Mike

For me it's a... NO!!

It's like washing your laundry in public and to be honest, whatever someone's score is or was is something I'm totally not interested in.

In any case my figures all on paper are held some place, I wouldn't remember results and being what, twenty years ago, from a formal diagnosis, nothing I could access online.

Of course you can disable viewing siggies, least I think you can.

But hey, if people want to do that, it's fine, I just don't feel the urge to do it.

I used to keep my scores in my signature. I've got a webpage for them now, including a few pages for scores on tests like "which emoticon are you". I just like online tests. Medication is a bit too personal. I'm hardly comfortable saying I'm not on any.

In some forums people list the specs of their computer, or rank the Star Wars movies... whatever the forum, people sometimes like to state "This is me. This is where I come from in this world."
Maybe even a spot of pride in it.

Me? I just want to figure myself out.

i have to signaturise my LFA and ID as i am on a different level to aspies and NTs on here- socially,behaviorally, mentally/ cognitively and emotionally etc,and it is also helpful for people to understand why i post what i post,for example-smearing or having to wear nappies,instead of people thinking im just a grown weirdo,its also helpful for people to know the reason behind my grammar and spelling issues, although it REALLY annoys me when a user harasses me over private message saying i am purposely typing like this to be lazy because they assume everyone on here is high functioning autistic and dont understand LFA or ID nor the complex issues that comes from information overload or significant communication and language difficulties.

so yes,i have no problem putting the disabilities that affect my posting and my thinking in my signature,i dont care if people ignore me because they dont relate when they see it,it just says more about them,i would talk to anyone personally as i visually and cognitively see everyone as the same and of the same worth.

New Threads

Top Bottom