• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making Nonverbal Learning Disorder one of the diagnostic categories here?

Furelise

Ausometastic
V.I.P Member
I know it's not officially on the spectrum, but it may be a good idea to include here? I know some people here have it, me included, and I think it may be a good idea to include in the diagnostic options here? Just curious.

-Furelise

I think to be honest it's just lumped into the other un-named list of the 'PDD-NOS, Social Anxiety and Others' category. The comorbid category. Although having said that I don't understand why PDD-NOS is on that list because PDD-NOS is autism. Doesn't make sense.

Yes, that makes sense. I was just wondering about the options we have as a diagnosis to list on our profiles. Would we choose PDD-NOS instead?

Do you not have an option to leave it blank? If not, put down whatever you are most comfortable with and then if you want tag what you have in your signature or something.

No, it says it's required to list a diagnosis, and lists Aspergers, HFA, LFA, CDD, Retts, PDD-NOS, etc. I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS a long time ago too so I guess it doesn't make a difference, but NVLD is my main diagnosis. I just thought it might help to list as an option.

New Threads

Top Bottom