• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Funny?

Hey, not sure if I it’s appropriate to write here but, I’m 29 mum of two beautiful girls (2 and 4 months) leaving in Sydney Australia, far away from home (I’m originally from Israel) feeling alone.
I’m over 4 years in Australia and so far besides my husband and his family I don’t have friends (I have 3 friends back home). I always struggled socially, being the shy quiet person that doesn’t know what to say and how to behave (without looking stupid or snob). I’ve been in therapy (to treat what I thought is social anxiety, anxiety and depression) and my therapist told me that she is 100% sure that I’m on the spectrum (she specializes in autism), I didn’t get officially diagnosed (but she did a quick assessment on me) and I’m not planning to do so at the moment (the financial part of it and also I’m kinda busy with the little monsters) but I do want to make friends but I just don’t know how..
So my question is if someone here from Sydney in Bondi area and (hopefully also a mum) also struggling with the same issue I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for

I’m your age but I’m in the US. I can definitely give advice though if you would like.
There are a few mothers on here too and some have autistic children themselves.

I hope you are able to connect with some women in Australia in person!
Finding an in-person autism support group was really helpful for me. Maybe try looking on Meetup to see if there are any support groups in Sydney.

New Threads

Top Bottom