• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making Connections

Riley

Does anyone else make connections between two or more completely different things? I wanna see if I'm the only one or not. Also: Can you tell me if I already did a thread like this?

My connections:
  • Season 3 of American Horror Story bears a vague resemblance to the House Of Night series; Mostly do to the leads both having "Zoe" as/in their names. I also compare Coven to the obscure children's series The Worst Witch.
  • Speaking of Ryan Murphy: His television series Scream Queens, in hindsight, is quite similar to (in)famous book series The Clique, as both center around a group of popular girls. Only...Ya know...They're college age, so Murphy wouldn't get jailed.
  • The Emperor's New Groove, Zootopia, and Suicide Squad are the same species. They all feature singers (Eartha Kitt, Shakira, and Jared Leto), they're famous for cut material ("Kingdom Of The Sun," the shock collars/Wilde Times, and all those deleted scenes), and what not.
  • Directors Michael Bay & Joel Schumacher, to me, are reality's answer to Daggett and Norbert Beaver from the classic Nicktoons show The Angry Beavers.
  • Wuya from the obscure 2003 cartoon Xiaolin Showdown was the female counterpart of Lord Voldemort.

It is possible to review your Content & any Threads you have started
by clicking the "Postings" tab on your Profile Page.

In other forums it's a common duty of mods to merge threads created on the same issue or theme. Maybe Brent can authorize permissions for the mods to do this.

Effectively reducing the creation of multiple threads on the same subject. Much less confusing. Seems to me a single generic thread called "Fictional Film and Literary Characters" would do just fine within the Obsessions and Interests category. ;)

Last edited:
Yes.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Elfen Leid, and Air are three animes with 13 episodes about a supernatural girl, and each of the girls has a hair color different from the others (purple, pink, and blonde, respectively).

Last edited:
Can you tell me if I already did a thread like this?
Yes you did, you brought up the Ryan Murphy Scream Queens and American Horror story thing in this thread.

To check your own posts, simply hover the mouse over your name at the top of the page--next to inbox and alerts--and click Your Content on the right side of the list.

I am constantly making obscure connections between seemingly unrelated things. It's automatic and frequent. It's one of the reasons it's hard for me to engage in casual conversation with NTs. They'll say something and I will instantly think of something else entirely that, in mind, pertains to the topic, but comes across as non sequitur and weird to others.

Yes... I do this! I'll be having a conversation with someone and they will say something that will spark a chain of connection, then I will say something that appears to be completely unrelated. When this happens, I will often tell them how I got from "A" to "C", or even "D", "E" or "F". :laughing: Fortunately, my husband is always fascinated by the way my brain connects information and he loves to hear how things are connected.

I do it all the time, if I bring it up, they look at me like I have two heads. Then they wonder why I don't talk much! I believe it is due to our hyper-active brains, always searching for answers, very quick, desperately trying to succeed at something!

Here is my opinion. I focus on details a lot. So there are times I have taken a detail of what someone is talking about and connect it to a detail of another topic. So to me, the two topics match perfectly because the details do. But since the main ideas of both topics don't go together, most people see what I am thinking as 'off topic'.

New Threads

Top Bottom