• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Long distance moving in...

Jasmine14

My girlfriend and I have been close friends online for many years, and I'm going to go live with her soon.

I'm terrified. I told her I'm sure I am Aspie, and she has no problems with it.

But I can't stop having anxiety attacks. I'm sure she'll see how awkward I am and not love me anymore :/

Have you ever exchanged pictures of each other? Have you ever had a video chat? have you ever talked over the phone? Doing these things before meeting in person might help alleviate some of the stress beforehand.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, not meant as a judgmental question: you're moving in with your girlfriend, whom you haven't met in person before?

Long-distance rarely works out. I was in one once, but we both came to the conclusion in the end that it just wasn't realistic. I wish you luck with yours.

Have you ever exchanged pictures of each other? Have you ever had a video chat? have you ever talked over the phone? Doing these things before meeting in person might help alleviate some of the stress beforehand.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Not only will this help to alleviate the anxiety you're feeling, but if I'm being completely honest (and this may be wrong because maybe you've met before) I think you should definitely meet and get to know a person outside of the internet before you do something huge like move in together.

I have done a long distance relationship before for 8 years. I would never picture living with anyone before meeting the person, having many visit and other factors.

The person I was with we did meet during the first year. After meeting, we did many more meetings. Of course we wanted to live with each other but it was not something we rushed into. It a good thing we never rushed into living together because many years later we decided to separate.

Another thing to consider if the person is from another country is learning the legal process to live there. Then is having a trail period adapting to things for a completely different country.

We've known each other online for 14 years, we've talked on the phone a lot, face time pictures... all of it.

The problem is neither can afford prior meetings. We both really want to start a life together

Oh, and we are both in the US. So no new country worries.
OK then I assume you two live in different states? Is that the case, is adapting to a new state.

For myself, nothing dating related, but when I left my home province and moved to Nova Scotia for support from family, I learned over the years, this province is not for me. Living in a place I hate made me build depression and other issues. I'm determine to leave Nova Scotia soon since I have a better income now.

Anyhow, where ever this person lives, it wroth to research the area to see if you would enjoy living in that area. It does you no good if you live in an area for someone you love but you don't like the new area you are living at.

New Threads

Top Bottom