• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Leave of Absence from AC

Spinning Compass

V.I.P Member
I didn't know where to post this but I am sad to say that I am going to have to take a break from AC for the summer at least. Doctor's orders. It turns out I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel syndrome. They think that it's been caught in time and I won't need surgery but I have been told to limit my computer time to work-related projects only until my hands heal up. So that is why I have not been active lately.

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I think that you have made some interesting posts. Maybe you can find a way to check in from time to time?

I'll miss your insightful spiritual blogs. I enjoy reading them. They speak volumes of wisdom and critical thinking that many of us here would want to achieve.

We didn't really get to know eachother but I promise when you come back we will catch up. Good luck, I hope the doctor is wrong about the carpel tunnel.

I solved it get that voice activated software it will type for you...teehee then you don't have to leave us. It would do the typing for you then you could tell us all the things you tell us. Wouldn't that be fun? I hope you come back soon.

It's a shame that you can’t get some time off work as well to let yourself heal that much faster, I have a situation with my wrists having been broken in an accident and developing bone spurs because of it.

I have a jelly wrist rest shaped like a kidney bean that I use when on the computer sometimes, it helps a little.
Also I find that if I wear fingerless gloves when the pain is fierce, the warmth helps and the fingers are still free to feel things IE; turning pages, cooking Etc.

I sincerely hope this is not a permanent thing for you and that we will see you round the traps again soon ; ]

Hope it all gets better for you and I'm sure we'll all look forward to you returning once summer is over.

New Threads

Top Bottom