• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Klinefelter's Syndrome

In light of where you fit on the Aspie spectrum, how do you find that having Klinefelter's affects you? I'd bet that nobody here knows much about this: I certainly didn't before reading your links. Before receiving your diagnosis at 28, did you realize that you were different to other people? In what ways? Your replies might serve to help some other guys who are here if they recognize their experiences in yours & can then go find out whether or not they have this too.

Well it's hard to go into detail but I suppose some of the things that were really problematic for me when I was younger were things like passivity (in my case I was quite self-effacing which put me at a distinct disadvantage); I also used to shut myself off socially in the classroom from those around me which I remember very well in unstructured classes like in French lessons. There were also problems with self-expression, a short concentration span, speech and language difficulties, issues with memory (I had to write everything in order to learn it), feelings of tiredness and excess fatigue for no real reason, poor muscular development, low self-esteem, depression and poor communication skills.

Of course the real difficulties began to happen when other guys began to grow facial hair and I did not. I was very late to mature and yet despite several times seeing the doctor the signs were missed. It wasn't until a chance encounter at the doctors when I was 28 that it was discovered that my testosterone levels were at rock bottom and much lower than what they should have been. That sparked the need for the genetic tests and that was when I was diagnosed with Klinefelter's Syndrome. I am now receiving testosterone replacement therapy which is very helpful and will help to keep things like osteoporosis at bay which apparently I'm much more susceptible to with Klinefelter's (as bone health is dependent on testosterone).

With 75% of males with Klinefelter's not knowing they have it and with my late diagnosis I would really like to see more people diagnosed with Klinefelter's earlier as I know the difficulties I faced when I was younger and I wouldn't want others to go through those difficulties too. If I'd received the right attention earlier on things would have been much smoother for me and I wouldn't have struggled so much and those looking after me wouldn't have struggled to look after me so much. It isn't nice knowing there is something different about you and not knowing why and being told that it is all imagined which I was told many times. That left me in quite a difficult position because it also meant I wasn't getting the support I most certainly needed. I simply didn't have the drive back when I needed it with such low levels of testosterone and that meant I didn't make the most of the opportunities that came my way. So I missed out big time by not getting the support I needed. So if any of the above symptoms sound familiar then go and get it checked out (or at the very least visit the following links and find out more):
- Welcome to the Klinefelter's Syndrome Association UK | Klinefelter's Syndrome Association
- 75% of males with klinefelter's don't know they have it (PDF leaflet)

Okay....so I was snooping in the Online members....seeing what threads people are viewing..

Matt Martians Oops GIF by The Internet

I've heard of this. Not being as Muscular has I would like. (I've seriously researched and contemplated steroids.) And Being prone to hypochondriaca, I thought "could I have this?" But hen, I have a beard, I have body hair, I have normal sized stuff, I don't have frailness, and though not overly muscular, I'm not weak. And I had a blood test, and if it was low, they woulda said.

But I do think majority of Aspies, tend to exhhbit traits of Low testoserone. Without a doubt.

New Threads

Top Bottom