• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Keeping Up Appearances star Clive Swift dead at 82.

Link.

He played Mrs Hyacinth Bucket's long suffering husband Richard.

That sucks big time. I remember when he appeared in the audience of "An Audience with Ken Dodd", with Ken introducing him to the rest of the audience as "a man who became the long-suffering husband of Hyacinth Bucket...he's been dying to kick her ever since!"

Personally, I never got into 'Keeping Up Appearances'. For me, I'll always remember Clive as playing Mr Copper in the Doctor Who Christmas Episode "Voyage of the Damned". He was an alien who in life was a traveling businessman, but reached retirement age with nothing to show for his life's work.
He managed to survive the events of the episode and, thanks to the Doctor, ended up living a happy and prosperous retirement on Earth.

R.I.P, Clive Swift.

We also lost Jeremy Hardy overnight which was heartbreaking news to wake up to. Always been a great wit and one of my favourites on Radio 4. Died at 57 of cancer :(

Keeping Up Appearance Star... I knew what was coming next in the thread title. Oh Richard!

That is sad. Great show I used to watch when mum had the tv on. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom