• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ive made three videos for the autistic community,what do you think?

hi gary thankyou! i totally agree with you bullies make me feel sick i have seen a lot of bullying of people with disabilities and if i see it i stick up for them i dont let anyone get away with that s**t. i have ADD to,is yours obvious to other people? ever since i lost the hyperactivity in my twenties people think i dont have ADD anymore, they dont realise we have executive dysfunction and concentration issues still its annoying.
Good morning toothless. Im the same way if i see someone getting bullyed anyone with or without disabilities i stick up for them and support them even if that means me physcicaly fighting the bullys whatever it takes to get bullys to stop being bullys. My ADD is obvious my neighbors have sayed they can notice that i have it and when im out and about people sometimes can notice i have ADD when im out in public. I took strattera when i was younger but right now at the moment im not taking any medication and i seem to be doing just fine without it. Im glad schools and other places have got alot stricter through the years about bullying. I hope 1 day that bullying will never happen again. I think having even stricter bullying laws and policys would be even better because then it wouldn,t happen as much if not at all.

You don't strike me as someone with any intellectual disability, your challenging behaviors as you mentioned are likely a result of frustration and being misunderstood when you were nonverbal. I'm dyslectic and also reverse numbers as well, that lead over time to being called both stupid and slow. I'm neither, simply verbally not fast, when it comes to certain situations.

Glad that you made these videos, it somehow surprised me that you are a brit, with that nice accent:) You've mentioned in another post that you are irish, didn't figure that out, sorry. It's a nice accent.

Last edited:
hi southern comfort-why not go for it? does your laptop [if you have one,i some how think everyones using a laptop because i am] have a camera? thats what i used.
i think its important everyone gives their experience of autism because we are all different and its good to find someone to relate to instead of just sticking to the same popular autists [no offence meant to them i just think its good to see the underdog to].

i totally agree with everything youve said-youd make an awesome vlogger.

Thank you. I don't have a laptop, I have a desktop computer. The camera I have is bad quality, so is my phone, it's all grainy, just urgh. I'd like to do it with a nice new camera, I had my eyes on a logitech one and I bought myself a new Sennheiser headset with a superb microphone (shame about speaker quality though) so I'm getting myself ready for it. I'm moving into a new bedroom at some point when my dad can finish it off so I'd like to do it at my new desk. So in due time, there are certain things I'd like to discuss about autism actually.

If you have a Smartphone you can use that or borrow someones if you know someone that you can.

Yeah, I do have a smartphone, just not a great one. I detest phones hence why I bought a budget one, basically only wanted it for the apps and emergencies. Could use my mum's iPhone though I guess.

There some things I can relate to you.

I did had speech difficulties during my childhood. I did improved over the years but language communications is a struggle for me at times when I want to convey my message. One of the big thing effects me for my learning disability is processing speed. For people don't have this type of issue lose patience with people that do have it.

Hand writing is a huge challenge especially the fact I can't write neatly. I'm good at typing as well.

I'm officially diagnosed with a language based learning disability. There many people don't understand. I might sound normal, but they just don't know how hard it is for me.

Thomas Tanks is cool. Enjoyed it during my childhood. I always had a high passion in trains in general and still do to this day.

I enjoy collecting plushies and variety of toys. I'm ordering many penguins plushies soon.

Socializing one thing I don't enjoy with most people since the fact I can't connect with most. I have found many activities I do to enjoy my own thing such as camping and hiking. One trip I used my waterproof camera to capture a video of a school of fish.

Should you decide to have a career in computers, let me know as I'm open to have a discussion with you on it. I have a background in technology doing software support, computer programming and networking.

I'm very happy I finally got a chance to reply as my work have be busy with workshops this week. I'm also happy all the members offered you support.

I'm in the process creating a YouTube Channel soon on learning disabilities sharing my life experiences, how I over come many things and guide people with resources for support.

Anyhow, great work on your videos.

Regards,

Penguin

thanks for the vids, keep up the good work. You seems very intelligent to me and well informed about your condition. I could learn a few thing from you, thanks. Clint

Last edited:
Great videos Toothless.
I think what you're doing is a huge inspiration, the autistic community needs people like you speaking out for us all, whether they're "low functioning" or "high functioning". I can't stand that autism is seen as a "tragedy" either. I've had a conversation with someone who said it was "such a shame" that autistic kids exist. Really, it's a shame that neurotypicals don't think about our differences and accommodate our needs. Like you said, I think they're the ones who struggle with empathy and theory of mind. Personally, I disagree with functioning labels, as usually it's based on how well you can communicate with neurotypical people and the outside world. You may have had issues with your speech but I think you come across as intelligent and someone who knows exactly what you're talking about. I'm currently in the diagnostic process for "high functioning" autism spectrum disorder // aspergers, but throughout my whole life I've had problems with being non verbal too and so I can relate to you a lot. I also love the video on CBD, I live in the UK too and am seriously considering trying it as a way to help my anxiety and social issues. Thanks so much, looking forward to watching more of your videos! :)

I think your videos are awesome, toothless! Congrats on making them, and having the courage to share them with the world.

I can relate to your trouble with speaking -- I often have to prepare and memorize what I want to say because I can't think of words fast enough on the spot. I find it very frustrating. Do people interrupt you a lot, or ask you questions before you're done saying what you rehearsed?

I can also relate to what you said about your visual processing problems. I think I had a similar difficulty as a child. I mostly outgrew it in primary/elementary school, but I had some difficulty processing 2-D images until my late teens. Like you, I would see shapes and colors and lines but I couldn't put it together what I was looking at, or it would take ages. I had the most difficulty with line drawings and abstract/stylized drawings. I remember in 10th grade (year 10) in one of my classes we all got a handout with this picture:

556px-My_Wife_and_My_Mother-In-Law_(Hill).svg.png

....you're supposed to be able to see either an old woman or a young woman. I couldn't see any woman at all. (Now I can see both, though.)

I like stuffed animals, too. I used to have tons of them as a child, but I've only kept a small number of them as an adult. I still watch a lot of the same animated children's shows I did when I was a child, and I like some of the new ones, too. It's silly that some people say adults can't have toys or watch shows made for children. There's no harm in it for us and it doesn't affect anybody else.

i know their answer to be me would be-oh you arent LFA because you think its just a different way of living and you dont have to cope with severely challenging behavior every day

People saying that to you....what they're saying is just nonsense.

How you view your autism is separate from your functioning or what your behavior is like.

Frequent challenging behavior (the huge destructive meltdowns, where police can end up involved) isn't even just an LFA thing, either, so that's another way their argument doesn't make sense.

I think your videos are awesome, toothless! Congrats on making them, and having the courage to share them with the world.

I LOVE your videos! I also make videos to "teach the masses" and some people are super interested in learning [whoda thunk?] from them.

I think those of us who are Autistic and content creators on you tube need to work together. I have subscribed to your channel. Would you like me to give a shout out to your channel and send some over?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom