• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's worrying to see this.

It's not that people are confusing the two, it just has to do with the popularity of the concept of 'Abridged Series' on the internet.

Which is basically just where you take a popular TV series or movie or whatever and you do abridge it by shortening it considerably from its original length but you also redub it as a parody of itself and good-naturedly poke fun at whatever it is your abridging.
Ok, I don't watch much online media, I stick to streaming services (thankful that my wife works to afford them <3 )
I can see that being an online thing. Which puts it smack in the middle of popular culture, thus popular lexicon.
Still, it would be technically a voice-over parody of an abridged work.

I have worked for Doordash. A lot of people who order are either in hotels, and don't know the area. Or they're very busy business professionals. A lot of others are disabled, and so it's hard to cook or shop. And some are families who got home too late to cook, or someone's maybe having friends over. It's essentially the same as ordering a pizza, and Doordash gives low income people the chance to have the dignity of a job.

If you watch old shows, or talk to the older generations, there used to be lots of food delivery. You know, the milkman, the eggman, the breadman, etc.

I like the idea of having things delivered. It's old fashioned. If you know someone who gets Schwann's frozen food delivered, it's pretty much like that.

I often get groceries delivered from Walmart. And they take food stamps too. Another neat thing is you can order groceries from many markets, and someone in the store will shop for everything, and keep it in a cooler up front. All you have to do is walk in the store and pick up the groceries. It's good for disabled people, or maybe people who have social anxiety, like a lot of us do.

And it creates living wage jobs as well.

Heck, they even target misogyny. I remember a few years back, Burger King advertising that only "Manly Men" could eat their burgers. It was a huge campaign, and was so offensive, to me, a not very "Manly Man" in their terms. So whatever.
Remember that one tweet BK posted that was deemed as controversial because it was deemed as sexist towards women?

If you watch old shows, or talk to the older generations, there used to be lots of food delivery. You know, the milkman, the eggman, the breadman, etc.

I like the idea of having things delivered. It's old fashioned. If you know someone who gets Schwann's frozen food delivered, it's pretty much like that.
I GENUINELY forgot they used to do that!

Remember that one tweet BK posted that was deemed as controversial because it was deemed as sexist towards women?
yeah, that's BK. I'm bad w/ time but I think the ad campaign I'm thinking of was in the early 2000s? I could have it wrong. My brain swapped "time spans and dates" for more important things. :)

yeah, that's BK. I'm bad w/ time but I think the ad campaign I'm thinking of was in the early 2000s? I could have it wrong. My brain swapped "time spans and dates" for more important things. :)
The new whopper whopper commercial has been stuck in my head and it’s annoyingly bad. The 1974 campaign was better.

I've used Doordash the few times when I cannot leave the house (kids sick, sleeping etc). It's also a way for people to earn some $$ delivering meals and groceries at least to those who can afford it. I think during the pandemic this service was especially useful.

The new whopper whopper commercial has been stuck in my head and it’s annoyingly bad. The 1974 campaign was better.
I prefer Wendy's anyway. Let us not dig into their history, it is a guilty pleasure. ;)

I do get pizza delivery sometimes. But this place we like (me and wife) we cannot order online. Because our address is in their zone, but not on their map. So we have to call it in (which means I have to tell my wife what to say when she talks on the phone, or at least write it down).
Sometimes, every once in a while, it is worth it.

write it out, please. I wanna know.
never looked it up. I want to like their food. But I did work there in '86 (yes I bookmarked the year). They had a salad bar then, and soaked the veggies in preservatives to keep them looking fresh. Still ate it, but only when I didn't want a burger. I ended up hurting myself getting the manager's keys out of the office, through the ceiling. They asked me to keep working. My mom came in and raised a huge fuss, so I got workman's comp.
Anyway, I like their food.

never looked it up. I want to like their food. But I did work there in '86 (yes I bookmarked the year). They had a salad bar then, and soaked the veggies in preservatives to keep them looking fresh. Still ate it, but only when I didn't want a burger. I ended up hurting myself getting the manager's keys out of the office, through the ceiling. They asked me to keep working. My mom came in and raised a huge fuss, so I got workman's comp.
Anyway, I like their food.
Do you have stories? i mean in general...
Im more than happy to hear them.

"I mean Any subject, not just "Wendys" or anything of the sort.

The existence of (Subscription apps to manage your money for you) proves that a majority of people and their "priorities" might be a bit misaligned.
It's just contradictory desires, will isn't singular. Some people may not be in tune with their own will all that much which may lead to expressions of frustration and such, but it is only when the desire to fix their situation overcomes the luxury of the service that they will change. I'm sorry to say this isn't a situation where anyone but the person themselves can know better about the outcome, because we aren't them. The only applicable case is pure ignorance of the fact they are signed up to such a thing at all and how much it is costing them.
Laziness itself too, is fine. It's just the lack of will to exert. Everyone is lazy towards most pursuits in life all at the same time. And we are only focused on our tiny handful of priorities. Petty or grand though they may seem to others. I feel like it only plays into the need for social validation to care any further than that. We have the social value of productivity after all.

New Threads

Top Bottom