• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's worrying to see this.

I don't disagree that advertisements target laziness. Don't do your own taxes. Don't go out for food. Heck, don't play with ingredients, they ship "make this stuff this way" for people are at least not too lazy to follow bland instruction.
Laziness is just one of the major things which ads target. Insecurity. Fear (read back to pharma). Greed/Status/Lust.
All manipulation, and all just above the surface to not SEEM subliminal, but of course it is.

The existence of (Subscription apps to manage your money for you) proves that a majority of people and their "priorities" might be a bit misaligned.
To further this, ->EVEN AUTISTIC PEOPLE<- understand the basics of >Financial Literacy< to where they do not need an app.

Me only make (X) Me want (Y) but me only make (X). Me not get (Y).

I really get the feeling that phones have decreased the collective public I.Q. Scratch that, I can confirm that, after taking a dive into Reddit, one of the biggest forums in the WORLD, that people have to have Someone/Something else thinking for them.

Or they (Redditors) just communicate through memes.

Last edited:
Heck, they even target misogyny. I remember a few years back, Burger King advertising that only "Manly Men" could eat their burgers. It was a huge campaign, and was so offensive, to me, a not very "Manly Man" in their terms. So whatever.

I mean I don't drive so how else am I supposed to get food from restaurants when I can't get someone (my grandpa) take me to a restaurant?

Like yeah sure, I could take the bus or something to quite a few places, but the problem is: that would take a damn lot longer than getting it delivered and not every place is easy to get to from public transport.

Heck, they even target misogyny. I remember a few years back, Burger King advertising that only "Manly Men" could eat their burgers. It was a huge campaign, and was so offensive, to me, a not very "Manly Man" in their terms. So whatever.
Shock value, their Ultimate move.

Or sometimes they use their ultimate buff "Woke", along with their ultimate move.

To further this, ->EVEN AUTISTIC PEOPLE<- understand the basics of >Financial Literacy< to where they do not need an app.

Me only make (X) Me want (Y) but me only ave (X). Me not get (Y).

I really get the feeling that phones have decreased the collective public I.Q. Scratch that, I can confirm that, after taking a dive into Reddit, one of the biggest forums in the WORLD, that people have to have Someone/Something else thinking for them.

Or they (Redditors) just communicate through memes.
We are reverting back to ancient hieroglyphics with memes yet our technology is the inverse opposite of those times. Makes you think that we are reverting on a lot of fronts.

>Majority Shareholders< are the ones who truly have a voice
I get your frustration, but this should not devolve into a class war. It becomes political at that point, and this forum is not for that.
Just saying, I'm cool with you so far, but lets not start an uprising here. There are other forums for that. Please.

I mean I don't drive so how else am I supposed to get food from restaurants when I can't get someone (my grandpa) take me to a restaurant?

Like yeah sure, I could take the bus or something to quite a few places, but the problem is: that would take a damn lot longer than getting it delivered and not every place is easy to get to from public transport.
(For those with medical problems, Im not talking about them.) - Me Earlier.

I get your frustration, but this should not devolve into a class war. It becomes political at that point, and this forum is not for that.
Just saying, I'm cool with you so far, but lets not start an uprising here. There are other forums for that. Please.
Fair enough. Not my intention, i'm just the type who'd rather not dance around the issue.

We are reverting back to ancient hieroglyphics with memes yet our technology is the inverse opposite of those times. Makes you think that we are reverting on alot of fronts.
I will agree that social media and the ease at which "memes" (not the funny pictures, but deeper viral concepts) proliferate, has caused many people to stop paying attention to the world itself.
One could say, media has been designed for that. This way goes conspiracy theory, but I do believe it is an emergent property of a stagnant status quo. And the fear-based news/advertisement have helped make the disenfranchised feel hopeless and weak.

Make a biweekly/weekly list that will feed whomever in your home. Make one trip to the grocery store with the collection of money with grandpa and then reap the benefits of cooking with substantially less cost depending on what you buy.

Just the fact that funny pictures that get shared a lot are called "memes" now-a-days, is a dilution of the concept of the meme. Which makes it more difficult for most to understand the actual idea of a meme, a self replicating mutating idea. Which can be dangerous, but heck. Funny pictures? Why not.

I will agree that social media and the ease at which "memes" (not the funny pictures, but deeper viral concepts) proliferate, has caused many people to stop paying attention to the world itself.
One could say, media has been designed for that. This way goes conspiracy theory, but I do believe it is an emergent property of a stagnant status quo. And the fear-based news/advertisement have helped make the disenfranchised feel hopeless and weak.
Ya know, speaking of media, the reason why i do art is to uplift people, i could careless about the money (Though i am going to get paid for this in the future.)
Back t the topic at hand, I feel that people (Who do not have a clear necessity for things such as doordash and what not), should stop relying so much on them.

The main reason why i brought this up is because these same people using these silly apps will be the VERY same ones who are complaining about (insert Financial stuff here).

@★ImaginativelyCute★

I can't quote your post for some reason (seriously) but I don't have medical problems. I just don't drive, I don't have a license. I hate cars and I prefer taking public transport, walking, or biking if I can. I am also afraid and don't trust myself to drive but I've always hated cars even before this.

Make a biweekly/weekly list that will feed whomever in your home. Make one trip to the grocery store with the collection of money with grandpa and then reap the benefits of cooking with substantially less cost depending on what you buy.
I already do cook and buy groceries, but sometimes I don't want to cook and want to treat myself to something good from a local restaurant.

Just the fact that funny pictures that get shared a lot are called "memes" now-a-days, is a dilution of the concept of the meme. Which makes it more difficult for most to understand the actual idea of a meme, a self replicating mutating idea. Which can be dangerous, but heck. Funny pictures? Why not.
Same logic as those who think "Abridged" means ~funny ha ha cussing.~
Apparently People don't understand that a Parody and Abridged are 2 different entire things.

Abridgment means to put it simply, "Synopsis" Kinda like a summary on a book

I'm going to keep going here. I could start a new thread, but I feel it belongs in a thread based on advertisements.
The thing about the funny picture memes, is that so many people think it is the picture which is the meme. No, the picture is the carrier. The words that get filled in differently, those might not even be memes. But sometimes, they are. When someone has "funny new voice bubbles" or something, it is the message therein where lies the meme.
But there is no fighting an evolutionary language, especially when it becomes misleading and people tend to polarize.

Same logic as those who think "Abridged" means ~funny ha ha cussing.~
Apparently People don't understand that a Parody and Abridged are 2 different entire things.

Abridgment means to put it simply, "Synopsis" Kinda like a summary on a book
ha, I didn't know people confused the two. They mean such different things.
I always took "Abridged" to mean "some has been taken out, what is left is unaltered"
Parody is to take a work and turn it on its head, usually for laughs.

@★ImaginativelyCute★

I can't quote your post for some reason (seriously) but I don't have medical problems. I just don't drive, I don't have a license. I hate cars and I prefer taking public transport, walking, or biking if I can. I am also afraid and don't trust myself to drive but I've always hated cars even before this.

I already do cook and buy groceries, but sometimes I don't want to cook and want to treat myself to something good from a local restaurant.
Thats where priorities come in to play and or luxuries.

A general observation I see here at my work. (just speaking in general at this point not particularly at you)

I watch people at my work go out to lunch everyday. So lets say they spend 5-15$ a meal 5 days a week. That is 25-75$ in 5 days on fastfood not including gas eating highly processed trash in one meal. I can almost eat on 80$-100$ at home in a two week period eating relatively nutritious food. (give me a cookie...literally send it)

Thats no big deal bruhhhh.... then you look it at an annual perspective (get out of money managing apps (joking)

1300-3900$ in food cost mind you this is only 5 days a week one meal and who knows what they eat for dinner and on the weekend which nets almost 2x in food costs. So tag on another 3000-5000$ for breakfast, dinner, and weekend meals 4300-8900$.....the low end of this would be equivalent to eating frugally at mcdonalds. This is not including gas to drive there.

vs

4160-5200$ a year eating 2 meals a day with substantial satiating nutritious foods at a caloric surplus/deficit depending on body fat goals.

Its my life and my money bro...while they are in considerable amount of debt, 29% interest credit cards, a loan on a vehicle that cost over half their annual income and so on and so forth....then it bleeds into delusional entitlement.

Last edited:
ha, I didn't know people confused the two. They mean such different things.
I always took "Abridged" to mean "some has been taken out, what is left is unaltered"
Parody is to take a work and turn it on its head, usually for laughs.
It's not that people are confusing the two, it just has to do with the popularity of the concept of 'Abridged Series' on the internet.

Which is basically just where you take a popular TV series or movie or whatever and you do abridge it by shortening it considerably from its original length but you also redub it as a parody of itself and good-naturedly poke fun at whatever it is your abridging.

Good capitalists exploit perceived demand. Great capitalists not only exploit demand, but they also create demand even when and where it isn't required or never existed.

To promote convenience requires the promotion of laziness as well. And it's no accident.

New Threads

Top Bottom