• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it a good idea to apply for a few different positions at a big company?

nope

I usually read that it's not because it makes it look like you don't know what you want, but having worked at a really big company (5000+), I wonder if it's the same, since the positions will be in different departments and the hiring managers probably don't even consult with each other about who they're trying to hire.

As for my background: I'm relatively new to my field and so can qualify for a few different (entry-level) positions.

If I was a manager, I would be looking for someone who I DECIDE where I want to put them, based on their attributes.

But in the end, you must go where your heart leads you.

the hiring managers probably don't even consult with each other about who they're trying to hire.

In IT recruitment, in Australia, it's all outsourced - I've had calls from people on the other side of a desk at one stage.

i've found you do either 1 of 2 things:
-1- apply for a specific job that has been advertised, or
-2- submit your cv without there actually being a job

mixing them makes it look like you don't really know what you want

New Threads

Top Bottom